• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Yamaha Center Console Cover

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Does anyone here use the OEM CC Cover on their FSH? I just purchased and did not know you have to install/drill the 21 snaps. It's not a hard job, but I may be too much of a perfectionist and will go insane if I don't get all the snaps screwed in perfectly and the cover fits/stretches unevenly.

Part# MAR-21FSH-TT-18

Does anyone who installed one want to give me any tips on how to keep it even or is it even worth having?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Does anyone here use the OEM CC Cover on their FSH? I just purchased and did not know you have to install/drill the 21 snaps. It's not a hard job, but I may be too much of a perfectionist and will go insane if I don't get all the snaps screwed in perfectly and the cover fits/stretches unevenly.

Part# MAR-21FSH-TT-18

Does anyone who installed one want to give me any tips on how to keep it even or is it even worth having?

Thanks!
I love mine and use it almost exclusively. Put the cover on and predrill and set the snaps one at a time starting at the front of the jump seat (head/under helm compartment) work your way from the front around both sides to the back, left-side snap, right-side etc. alternating side to side should keep you even then finally around the cooler.

I highly recommend the mooring cover for a FHS sport. It doesn’t have straps, it’s got a ratchet system.

I have the mooring cover and used it all last year. I just figured that the center console version for the day to day would be quicker but now I’m not so sure. If someone has one on their 210 please post a photo!

I have the mooring cover and used it all last year. I just figured that the center console version for the day to day would be quicker but now I’m not so sure. If someone has one on their 210 please post a photo!
I do like very much the mooring cover however If your going to have a trolling motor mounted you'll not be able to use the full mooring cover without dismounting it. That is why I almost exclusively use the console cover for day to day, my boat stays in the water, not sure if I'd want to trailer or not.

I have the OEM CC Cover. I have a covered lift, so it is the only cover I use. Easy to install. Just start in the midline towards the bow and start working your way around. I drilled the holes out just a bit larger through the gelcoat so I don't get any spider cracks forming after I screwed in the grommets. Also, I did not install all the snaps around the seat. It isn't going to come off, and isn't recommended while towing so I didn't see the point in drilling all the holes. Plus, it would have been hard to stretch the cover to get the snap locations to work. It is worth the money.

I have the OEM CC Cover. I have a covered lift, so it is the only cover I use. Easy to install. Just start in the midline towards the bow and start working your way around. I drilled the holes out just a bit larger through the gelcoat so I don't get any spider cracks forming after I screwed in the grommets. Also, I did not install all the snaps around the seat. It isn't going to come off, and isn't recommended while towing so I didn't see the point in drilling all the holes. Plus, it would have been hard to stretch the cover to get the snap locations to work. It is worth the money.

thanks for the tips and will give it a shot!

one last question @randocommando, do all the grommets get installed flush on the floor or are any on the side of something? the instructions don't tell you where they go!

I do like very much the mooring cover however If your going to have a trolling motor mounted you'll not be able to use the full mooring cover without dismounting it. That is why I almost exclusively use the console cover for day to day, my boat stays in the water, not sure if I'd want to trailer or not.
I have 2021 and when I ordered the mooring cover the trolling motor section have zipper to open on it, I guess for trolling motor to stick out? Not sure if its new for 2021 cover? I do not have trolling motor just curious.

I have 2021 and when I ordered the mooring cover the trolling motor section have zipper to open on it, I guess for trolling motor to stick out? Not sure if its new for 2021 cover? I do not have trolling motor just curious.
The zipper section is to give room for the trolling motor mounting bracket but will not fit over a trolling motor on the boat/bracket, the trolling motor has to be removed for the cover to fit.

The zipper section is to give room for the trolling motor mounting bracket but will not fit over a trolling motor on the boat/bracket, the trolling motor has to be removed for the cover to fit.
Got it. Thanks!

I have the cc cover. Did not use the snaps. I made took a long strap with ends that clip together and wrap it around the bottom. Used it now for about 9 months, even in heavy winds. So far so good. Like you did not want to drill holes.

Maybe I'm missing something but I have a 2020 210 fsh sport and the oem cover doesn't have any snaps. It has a ratchet system that tightens down under the rub rail. I love the cover but not sure how long its going to last.

Maybe I'm missing something but I have a 2020 210 fsh sport and the oem cover doesn't have any snaps. It has a ratchet system that tightens down under the rub rail. I love the cover but not sure how long its going to last.
The cover with snaps they are referring to is the cover for the center console and helm not the full mooring cover.

Install on the cc cover is easy as can be. I have mine sitting in the driveway right now so if you need any pictures let me know

Install on the cc cover is easy as can be. I have mine sitting in the driveway right now so if you need any pictures let me know
@Randy Christie - That photo looks to differ slightly from mine. I have no velcro and looks as if your T-top frame is different than the 2018-2020 model. Your T-top also looks as if it may fold down? If so im envious.

Yes please. I’m trying to figure out if you install the snaps to the floor oraround the sides of the center console. I can’t tell from the one photo.

I grab some tomorrow. I put one on my old 19 as well as my 210.

Here's a few pics. Looks like I went about 1/2 inch off the floor with the snap. If you'd like I can pm you my cell number and I can walk you through

Attachments

• PXL_20210417_224823638.jpg
    PXL_20210417_224823638.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
  • PXL_20210417_224848327.jpg
    PXL_20210417_224848327.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 23
  • PXL_20210417_224826896.jpg
    PXL_20210417_224826896.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
  • PXL_20210417_224831915.jpg
    PXL_20210417_224831915.jpg