• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha covers in stock

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
FYI for anyone looking. @JetBoatPilot just posted some in stock covers on their Facebook and Instagram page.

Would anyone be interested in buying OEM quality boat covers for 2007-2009 230/232 and 2010-2014 240/242? We're trying to gauge interest and also what price would be fair?

We are attempting to put together a deal to get the OEM cover maker to make legacy boat covers for JetBoatPilot. This will require us to buy a large number of covers at a significant investment. We don't mind doing this as long as we know that legacy boat owners will pay the price for these OEM quality covers. They will likely be the same price as new covers for new boats ($850-$950) and we only intend on ordering the Premium Deluxe covers as they last the longest and perform the best over time.

So what say you? Would you spend that much on a boat cover vs buying an econo cover from West Marine or Overton's that does not fit as well or last a long?

I’m interested in a cover for my non-tower 2008 232 Limited!

I’m interested as well. Will be in need of replacing the cover on my 2013 242 LS within the next year or two.

I’m interested as well. Will be in need of replacing the cover on my 2013 242 LS within the next year or two.
We have 1 charcoal gray one.

Would anyone be interested in buying OEM quality boat covers for 2007-2009 230/232 and 2010-2014 240/242? We're trying to gauge interest and also what price would be fair?

We are attempting to put together a deal to get the OEM cover maker to make legacy boat covers for JetBoatPilot. This will require us to buy a large number of covers at a significant investment. We don't mind doing this as long as we know that legacy boat owners will pay the price for these OEM quality covers. They will likely be the same price as new covers for new boats ($850-$950) and we only intend on ordering the Premium Deluxe covers as they last the longest and perform the best over time.

So what say you? Would you spend that much on a boat cover vs buying an econo cover from West Marine or Overton's that does not fit as well or last a long?
I would be in on an ‘09 AR230 cover.

I would be interested i one for a 2014 242 Limited S.

@JetBoatPilot I'm interested in one for a 2022 212SD, sent an email to sales. :) Crossing my fingers, hehe.

Are 2010-2014 Premium covers no longer available ?

We have a few for the SX240 / 242 Limited (non tower boats), but otherwise we only have the gray covers left for that hull style.

We have a few for the SX240 / 242 Limited (non tower boats), but otherwise we only have the gray covers left for that hull style.
It looks like on-line vendors and ebay still sell the covers in the high 7XX-900 range. I think if you were to do the venture the price point would need to be in the mid to high $700 range until factory covers are truly NLA. People will still want well fitted covers that are towable.

That's what we thought too. We know people prefer the OEM fit, but not many seem to want to spend the OEM bucks. This would constitute a huge outlay of cash for us to meet the OEM's supplier's MOQ. We just don't want to be sitting on the inventory for 10 years if we do this.

I paid $599 for a 2008 sx230 oem cover in winter 2019 from leaders rpm. I had to search long and hard for it, however. Was actually better than the original, as the ratchet cover was actually a nice plastic box and not just fabric as the original. It was an original for sure, complete with the Yamaha logos. I'd buy another for 600 - 7oo for sure. But 850? Not even close.

I paid $599 for a 2008 sx230 oem cover in winter 2019 from leaders rpm. I had to search long and hard for it, however. Was actually better than the original, as the ratchet cover was actually a nice plastic box and not just fabric as the original. It was an original for sure, complete with the Yamaha logos. I'd buy another for 600 - 7oo for sure. But 850? Not even close.
That's good info and thank you for sharing. We're not at the stage where we're discussing margin or costs, but retail will be driven by margins. If there's a profit to be made in exchange for the risk of buying a large bulk order of covers then we can potentially move forward with the deal.

Back