• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha FSH

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Adding to that Yamaha stopped producing the SX/AR210 model for 2016 but continues to produce the 212 models. The 21' models are the oldest design in Yamaha's lineup so they must be ready for a redesign.

The 212 models are water sports focused. I am hopeful that their redesign will include a hull designed for wake sports. Doing so would close a big gap in Yamahas product line.

That wake boat hull would not be optimal for a 21" FSH. Yamaha would still have the molds for the 210 hull but my prediction would be for a 24' FSH rather than 21'.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If they were to produce a 24' FSH, I would expect it to be more of an offshore fishing vessel with a much higher freeboard and twin motors.

Chris Bingham

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
I live in the NW and Salmon fish mostly and was wondering how the new Yamaha FSH trolls. Can it troll down low enough for downriggers 1 knot or under? Also can an option for auto pilot be put on for trolling in straight lines line trolling with downriggers?

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
From my experience, you can troll at speeds of 1-3 knots just using the no wake mode, there is 3 different speeds for no wake and you can increase them or decrease them. As per straight line, this will get tricky and may take a little to get use to as at lower speeds the boat does tend to wander.
There is the option of adding a Thrust Vectors, and from what I read it does improve your low speed steering, but I have not done this yet.

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Cruise control only works after you are over 3k RPM or lower then 7k, at that engine speed you will be way over 1 knot, if I use cruise control at 3k, I'm doing about 5-6 knots.
For lower speeds 1-2 No Wake mode works pretty good.

Chris Bingham

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Cruise control only works after you are over 3k RPM or lower then 7k, at that engine speed you will be way over 1 knot, if I use cruise control at 3k, I'm doing about 5-6 knots.
For lower speeds 1-2 No Wake mode works pretty good.

Chris Bingham

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Might be easier just to add a kicker motor with the T4 auto pilot as from my experience with jet drives it would be a hassle trying to keep in a straight line while trolling with downriggers

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I troll with a down rigger on my AR230 and I can go as slow as one-half mph. Going straight was the issue at that speed. I swapped out the original cobra fins on it for the thrust vector XLs and that has helped.

BTW, that is a Lake Wenatchee Sockeye in my profile picture, first one caught off my down rigger setup last year.

Chris Bingham

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Might be easier just to add a kicker motor with the T4 auto pilot as from my experience with jet drives it would be a hassle trying to keep in a straight line while trolling with downriggers
Besides having a backup motor when out on the ocean or sound is not a bad idea

Chris Bingham

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
I troll with a down rigger on my AR230 and I can go as slow as one-half mph. Going straight was the issue at that speed. I swapped out the original cobra fins on it for the thrust vector XLs and that has helped.

BTW, that is a Lake Wenatchee Sockeye in my profile picture, first one caught off my down rigger setup last year.
Nice

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah, and with the new Thrust Directional Enhancer equipped boats like the FSH you can slow the boat down even more. Add the Thrust Vectors and that along with the Articulating Keel really helps to keep the boat tracking straight at slow speeds.