• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Genuine Coverage Offer

HannaMan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello,
New here to the forum and a new owner of a 2013 Limited 242S. Purchased a leftover 2013 model and we hope to take delivery in a few weeks after the ice melts here in Northern Indiana.

My dealer contacted me today and offered me an additional 2 years of Yamaha Genuine Coverage for $1000, on top of the 1+2 YES w/purchase of new boat, for a total of 5 yrs. My question is should I go for it?

thanks in advance.

Hannaman

Welcome aboard and congrats on the new boat. I'd say the longer the warranty the better. But is it worth an extra $1000? Hard to say. Many variables would change my answer.
  1. In the past, you could comparison shop with any dealer for a warranty. NOT SURE IF YOU STILL CAN.
  2. You could also extend the warranty at any time (as long as the original one hadn't expired) NOT SURE IF YOU STILL CAN.
  3. A warranty always helps with resale. How likely are you to turn around and sell the boat within 5 years?
  4. How close are you to the dealer? Often, with the little things its cheaper to just order and repair the boat yourself (or locally by a non-Yamaha repair facility) rather than incur the warranty cost and tow the boat a few hours to have them put a $30 part on, only to have to pick it up another day. Fuel and time tend to add up to more $ than just paying out of pocket anyway.

These boats tend to be pretty reliable anyway. Good luck with your decision.

Again, welcome.

Thanks for the welcome and great advice Dennis. I'll take your points into consideration.
HannaMan

Good luck with your decision..... Either way you will find plenty of help here.....

Oh, and :Welcome::thumbsup:

$1000 is way more than I would expect to spend on repairs in a two year period.

But if you were the unlucky one who had an engine fail then it would be an excellent investment.

So I think it entirely depends on how much better you sleep at night knowing that you have the added warranty.

Good point Bruce. thanks for sharing your thoughts.

After taking everyones responses into consideration I've decided to pass on the additional coverage and will put the $1000 into add-ons and upgrades.

Thank you everyone who responded I very much appreciate it.

HannaMan

Back