• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Marine Grease

Jaybon3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any alternatives to the Yamaha Marine Grease recommended in the manual? I think it is a lithium base?

Wishfull1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My Yamaha dealer doesn't even carry Yamaha Marine Grease. They only sell Quicksilver 2-4-C, which is a Lithium base. I spoke to the service manager and that is all they use for all boat and trailer service.

I also use Lucas Marine Grease, which is also Lithium Complex and available just about anywhere.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lucas Marine Grease is the only thing I use. Works well for everything

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Grease isn't just grease. Some can be mixed, others cannot.

Lucas marine is a calcium sulfonate based nlgi no 2. This is probably what was used in your trailer bearings at the factory.

Yamaha grease is Lithium based.

B borderline
C compatible
I incompatible

Articles_200902_grease-compatibility-chart.gif

Wishfull1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Even though Lucas' website states calcium sulfonate, I have never seen it in any of the stores. The only Lucas marine I have seen in store (Walmart, Advance Auto, Home Depot) has been lithium complex.

Either blend is fine, since they are compatible. And as @marcham stated, Shoreland'r bearing grease is calcium sulfonate.