• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Yamaha sx190 steering extender?

Pwright

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2012 Yamaha SX190. I have replaced the steering cable. I don’t have much of a left turn. I have adjusted linkage every way I can see on both ends. It doesn’t extend far enough out of the transom. Has anyone used a cable extender? If so, what size are the threads? Where can I find one? Also, the steering wheel is not centered. Does anyone have any specifics on the linkage settings/adjustments?

Well I've looked at your boats part list and mine (2017) and they are not the same. Mine runs a single cable from the steering wheel assembly behind the dash and yours appears to run a dual cable system. Couple of questions: Is your replacement part OEM or a 3rd party? Did you measure the old one against the new one to see if they are similar? Is there anything from the old cable that has to transfer to the new cable? How much more do you need to extend the cable?

Its a single cable. It’s an aftermarket part. OEM was not available. It is the same length. Everything is the same. It only needs maybe an inch or less. I don’t know if it extends the same out from the transom because the old one is seized up. I just can’t figure out why it won’t work.

Back