• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha SX210 engine Tow / Flush Valve install

Thanks @watdog, Great video. I'm in saltwater and worried that brass will corrode. Does anyone know if the Island Racing valve is brass or plastic on the inside? Alternatively, has anyone had luck with the WaveEater Tow valve on Amazon? It's 5/8 and full bore.

Amazon.com: WaveEater Towing Water Supply Valve for All Yamaha 4 Stroke WaveRunners: Sports & Outdoors
I'm in saltwater also. The valve is anticorrosive brass and the ball in it is stainless steel in a plastic bushing. I guess in years to come if I have reduced flow or overheating I will check them out, but I'm not too worried about them.

Thanks @watdog, Great video. I'm in saltwater and worried that brass will corrode. Does anyone know if the Island Racing valve is brass or plastic on the inside? Alternatively, has anyone had luck with the WaveEater Tow valve on Amazon? It's 5/8 and full bore.

Amazon.com: WaveEater Towing Water Supply Valve for All Yamaha 4 Stroke WaveRunners: Sports & Outdoors
It's all plastic, I bought one for my jetski. Honestly it felt a little cheap, but I'm sure it would work fine.

Great video @watdog. I personally prefer to have the valves under the clean out tray. Easier access and you don't have to go around a hot engine when you want to flush after a day on the water. Just personal preference.

It's all plastic, I bought one for my jetski. Honestly it felt a little cheap, but I'm sure it would work fine.

it looks like the Wave Eater tow valve is just a repackaged irrigation valve. Looks just like an Antelco irrigation valve that sells for $2. Wonder If they just repackaged it and marked it way up? It handles 45psi which acccording to @buckbuck should be enough to handle our system.

Back