• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Waverunner start up question...

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2009 Yamaha FZS Supercharged, 88 hours. Perfect running condition last summer. Put in garage for the winter. Just took it out to clean it up and hook the battery back up to go for a spin tomorrow. Started right up, but with a warning light and beep. I can't remember if when I start it up out of the water the warning sign is no more. Never had a lick of an issue with this one but am not familiar with the start up. Maybe the warning light flashed last year also on land and maybe when I drop it in the water, all will be good. I just don't remember if this was a normal thing. Oil level fine; plugs great - all changed out when I bought 2 or 3 years go and only put about ten hours on it since. In fact the oil still looks brand new. Fired right up. Just have the warning light and signal. I'm kind of hoping when I drop it in the water and fire it up it just goes! Any ideas? Thanks.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Shouldn't make a difference on hose or in water. There is a fault going on. Double check battery connections and verify there is a voltage increase when running to around 14 volts

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, @Neutron I just realized when I re-hooked up the battery, I added 2 "blank" Leads which are supposed to hook into my battery tender, make it easier, plug and play. These two lead are attached to the positive and negative and hanging loose.....could this have done it?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, @Neutron I just realized when I re-hooked up the battery, I added 2 "blank" Leads which are supposed to hook into my battery tender, make it easier, plug and play. These two lead are attached to the positive and negative and hanging loose.....could this have done it?
If hooked properly it shouldn't cause a problem