• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamahalube

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've used Yamaha Ring Free a few times on high-hour MR1s that started to consume oil, and after a couple of tanks of fuel they stopped consuming oil. The additive is supposed to help loosen the buildup that causes the steel rings rings to stick inside the piston grooves. I'm a believer.

-Greg

rayg1022

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does it make difference as far as storage whether your boats covered and outside or in a garage?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Inside the garaga should be less temperature fluctuation so that is a plus. I would keep the boat covered even inside a garage.

If the money and hassle of putting it in everytank is not a problem for you then I would use it for every time I fuel my boat.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Bump...

I’ve been using ring free+ (and marine stabil) for every tank of gas since I got my 2 stroke boat.

When I got the boat it was hard to start. Needed constant priming. Could take 10-15 minutes to start the engines in the morning. If the boat sat a week I’d occasionally need to dump a little fuel down the carbs.

After a 100 gallons of gas through the boat I was thinking snake oil and didn’t notice any difference. At 250 gallons (middle of last summer) I noticed the boat was quicker and easier to start in the morning. By the end of the summer it was noticeably easier throughout the day. Just bump the keys and the engines fired. No worrying about throttle position or setting the choke.

... and now I’m a believer. After six months of sitting, I primed the bulbs once, set the choke and each engine fired after 20-30 seconds of cranking.

Not bad for 20 year old engines that as far as I know are on their original set of rings.

ETA I also switched the injection oil to Klotz skicraft from the penzoil the last owner was using.

Last edited: