• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamalube alternative?

Stalt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m going to change the oil in my 2019 AR and can’t get any yamalube engine oil. What is my best alternative. This will be the first oil change and where online might I find a filter or will it be alright until the next one?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Lots of post on oil and filters. Search is your friend...

This is a superb alternative used by many here including myself. Be sure to get an oil extractor to suck the oil out.

1585316673186.png 1585316883933.png

Nauti-Nurse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am tried and true to AMSOIL marine. Used it in all my personal and race skis. Its a pricier option. However I just recently watched an independent viscosity and wear test using several oil types... and MUCH to my surprise Amazon Basics full synthetic showed INCREDIBLE top level results! Results that beat out several major brands. It is a great price as well. I would certainly run it in my ski / boat if I couldn't use Amsoil.
Just my 2 cents!

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any idea where to find an oil extractor? Amazon can't deliver one until 18 April at the earliest.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Amazon is setting the expectation that your "non essential" orders will ship in one month or whatever crazy date they give us. When in actuality, they are under promising and over delivering. My recent orders of non-essentials have come quickly.

Good on them for not disappointing Prime members who are bored at home shopping online like me. An Order I placed yesterday, that said mid April, will be showing up this Sunday of all days.

And seriously, $45 for the Yamalube kit shipped, is there really any point in shopping this around. But please don't let me poo poo another spring time oil thread as I really was looking forward to reading 10-20 pages of oil opinions, as that is what Fridays in isolation are for. (smile)