• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yet another oil change question

Do it. I always change the oil and filter.

So I did search and didn't see anyone asking but the manual says to only replace the oil at 50hrs but not the filter. I mean your in there why
not.?
The manual has a few little errors like this - during the 10 hour service, the oil and filters are changed, but my manual only says the oil needs to be changed, same for the 50 hour mark. I always change the filters at the same time as they hold about a cup of dirty oil, and since there's no drain and the oil is sucked out, why not get as much old oil out as you can.

Back