• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

“Unlock” a Bluetooth Pre-Set?

Bigbluehen59

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hoping someone can help here, I’ve combed through the typical Connext BT questions but haven’t seen my issue yet:

Bought my 2015 242 Limited S in July. Trailered home and had a party in the driveway on the first night before putting in the water the following day.

Several of us linked our phones via BT no problem...fast forward to the next day, I decided to delete the previous owner’s phones from the BT device list, about 4-5 of them, all no problem, until I got to the last one...

I THINK each of the previous devices had an “unlocked” icon next to them, however the final phone has a “locked” icon in the box. (See photo, the ‘Pixel 2’)

Since that day, I have been unable to connect a single BT device to Connext. It says searching but doesn’t show up on any of our devices.

I’ve tried the “reset defaults” option to no avail, perhaps I’m doing that wrong?

Any help from my newest Jet Boat friends would be wildly appreciated.

-(Blue)Toothless in DE

8E9F98BC-7A57-428F-962E-39B42BF61D65.jpeg

Mike&Amy_B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hoping someone can help here, I’ve combed through the typical Connext BT questions but haven’t seen my issue yet:

Bought my 2015 242 Limited S in July. Trailered home and had a party in the driveway on the first night before putting in the water the following day.

Several of us linked our phones via BT no problem...fast forward to the next day, I decided to delete the previous owner’s phones from the BT device list, about 4-5 of them, all no problem, until I got to the last one...

I THINK each of the previous devices had an “unlocked” icon next to them, however the final phone has a “locked” icon in the box. (See photo, the ‘Pixel 2’)

Since that day, I have been unable to connect a single BT device to Connext. It says searching but doesn’t show up on any of our devices.

I’ve tried the “reset defaults” option to no avail, perhaps I’m doing that wrong?

Any help from my newest Jet Boat friends would be wildly appreciated.

-(Blue)Toothless in DE

View attachment 134660
Don’t know if it’s the same but I had a similar problem where my connext wouldn't allow me to pair a new phone. After several minutes of trying with no success, I was able to pair from the head unit on the aft deck. It seems that somehow my head unit was “locked” to any Bluetooth changes. Once I did that I had Bluetooth functionality on connext again. Hopefully that helps.

Mike Clark

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There is usb plug the right side of the steering wheel next to the 12. Volt outlet. It connects directly to the Connext.
Make sure connect is on the “ radio screen“ Plug in phone using cord. Wil pair every time, plus it will charge your phone. Never have to worry about losing connection. It “seemed” to me to sound better when using cord vs Bluetooth Have never used bloodthirsty tooth again on boat. Mine is also 2015

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@Bigbluehen59
:Welcome:
Try pairing one of your phones and then you might be able to remove the Pixel 2...it might not let you have "none".

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Don’t know if it’s the same but I had a similar problem where my connext wouldn't allow me to pair a new phone. After several minutes of trying with no success, I was able to pair from the head unit on the aft deck. It seems that somehow my head unit was “locked” to any Bluetooth changes. Once I did that I had Bluetooth functionality on connext again. Hopefully that helps.
With the Fusion head units, you need to add devices from the Fusion screen, then once added Connext will work fine.