• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Yamaha Models

TwinScrew

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Other
What are some of you new owners doing to protect/cover your boat? Ordered my AR250 last August. Arrived this June. I told my salesperson I definitely wanted/needed a mooring cover. No less than 6 times throughout the year I reminded him of this. He assured me it was on order and should arrive before my boat. Well, it did not! Come to find out, my cover was never ordered. Salesman said that I would be able to have the shipping cover which would suffice until mine came it. A week later when I went to pick up my boat, the salesman then informs me that he isn't allowed to give away the Yamaha shipping cover for warranty reasons. Stating that Yamaha would not warranty the interior if they did.

So it's obvious that I do not have a garage large enough to store my boat. What are some ideas until mine arrives....... est August 24th as of today!

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
We recently purchased a storage location. We have other stuff in storage so it is a little soon for our 2022 252SD but not too soon. Where I am located Stor Ease has storage units that are able to fit boats like ours. Maybe give that a try if you can't find a good alternative.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
What are some of you new owners doing to protect/cover your boat? Ordered my AR250 last August. Arrived this June. I told my salesperson I definitely wanted/needed a mooring cover. No less than 6 times throughout the year I reminded him of this. He assured me it was on order and should arrive before my boat. Well, it did not! Come to find out, my cover was never ordered. Salesman said that I would be able to have the shipping cover which would suffice until mine came it. A week later when I went to pick up my boat, the salesman then informs me that he isn't allowed to give away the Yamaha shipping cover for warranty reasons. Stating that Yamaha would not warranty the interior if they did.

So it's obvious that I do not have a garage large enough to store my boat. What are some ideas until mine arrives....... est August 24th as of today!
lol.i call it bs, i always get the shipping cover, they are probably selling it.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

That dealer is full of shit. I would call up that dealer or the manager/owner and raise holy hell. Everyone gets their shipping cover. Never heard of that one before.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Or they just said that because the guys there cut it off and threw it out. He didnt want to tell you they screwed up and gave you that line of bs as an excuse.

Last edited:

nosterka

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I’m still using my shipping cover but also have a storage unit. The story for the shipping cover definitely sounds fishy, something is going on.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

Got my shipping cover. left the dealer with it 10+ hours back to the house. Just recently used it to go to ME. I also have a mooring cover which I purchased from a member of the forum.

Danrich

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I bought a heavy duty trap to cover mine until my mooring cover came. It worked pretty well for me I got it off Amazon for like $100. Obviously that won’t work if you are wet slipping it but will protect it in the driveway.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like they wanted to sell the Shipping cover to someone else to make extra $
Have someone else call the dealer from a different phone (caller Id) and ask if they have any covers for sale, even a shipping cover would be fine for your model of boat. :) If they do have one that would be an unfortunate coincidence for them.

wschrade

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length

Sounds like a.familiar story. My cover is on backorder. I keep my boat inside at the marina.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
My mooring cover is on back order. But everyone gets their shipping cover.

Skyhawk223

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Finally got my mooring cover about a month ago. What a difference from the shipping cover. So much easier to remove and install without needing to drop the tower. I needed 2 people with the shipping cover but can install and remove mooring cover by myself.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
My mooring cover is on back order. But everyone gets their shipping cover.
Need to be sure to ask for it. I recommend asking for the shipping brackets also, so that you can use them and the shipping cover for long trips over 2-3 hours.

Last edited:

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My shipping cover blew away! Can’t get the Yamaha cover so I’m having a local shop make me a two piece snap cover for $2000

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

Shabah182

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My shipping cover blew away! Can’t get the Yamaha cover so I’m having a local shop make me a two piece snap cover for $2000
Yamaha makes a snap cover for these boats. I dont see them talked about much on here but I have one and love it. Paid about $800 for it and the dealer installed the snaps.

mspis65

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I have a 252SD on order and they are telling me August or I will be on the 2023 list. Depends on how many drop off the waiting list.
I asked about the shipping cover and they told me they would give it to me, but strongly suggest I do not use it. Said there is an issue with the Yamaha logo bleeding when it gets wet or damp and it is near impossible to get it off of the interior if it drops on it.
He said it would negate any warranty on the items it ruins.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I have a 252SD on order and they are telling me August or I will be on the 2023 list. Depends on how many drop off the waiting list.
I asked about the shipping cover and they told me they would give it to me, but strongly suggest I do not use it. Said there is an issue with the Yamaha logo bleeding when it gets wet or damp and it is near impossible to get it off of the interior if it drops on it.
He said it would negate any warranty on the items it ruins.
FWIW, I had to use my shipping cover as my only cover for 9 months while waiting for my black mooring cover to come in. Zero issues with the Yamaha logo bleeding. You'll definitely want the mooring cover or snap in cover because the shipping cover is heavy and unwieldy and generally a pain to use, but it can certainly be done in a pinch if the mooring and snap in covers are still hard to get.

Also, unless you're dead set on using that dealer you may want to consider getting yourself on the wait list at one or more other dealers (with refundable deposit, of course). It sounds like your dealer has lots of pre-orders already, whereas some other dealers may not have as long of a waitlist. There are dealers around the country with no waitlist on certain models, as evidenced by some reports on here and in the Facebook groups of new 2022s showing up that were unspoken for and purchased by someone that just walked in the door. Either way, good luck and I hope you get one soon! The 252 series are great boats!

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
FWIW, I had to use my shipping cover as my only cover for 9 months while waiting for my black mooring cover to come in. Zero issues with the Yamaha logo bleeding. You'll definitely want the mooring cover or snap in cover because the shipping cover is heavy and unwieldy and generally a pain to use, but it can certainly be done in a pinch if the mooring and snap in covers are still hard to get.

Also, unless you're dead set on using that dealer you may want to consider getting yourself on the wait list at one or more other dealers (with refundable deposit, of course). It sounds like your dealer has lots of pre-orders already, whereas some other dealers may not have as long of a waitlist. There are dealers around the country with no waitlist on certain models, as evidenced by some reports on here and in the Facebook groups of new 2022s showing up that were unspoken for and purchased by someone that just walked in the door. Either way, good luck and I hope you get one soon! The 252 series are great boats!
The day we brought our 195s home from the Michigan dealer to VA it rained for hours. In July we took it to ME, on the ride home same story rain for hours. No problem with bleeding, granted it's had limited use. I will say that based on the color/cleanliness of the shipping cover when we took possession I would say it heard been sitting in Yamaha's yard waiting on parts for awhile. Don't forget to ask for the shipping brackets as well.