• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sunglasses recommendation?

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
While I like to agree with my good brother Octavio I have to refrain and say Costa, but the lifetime Warranty is BS. Warranty to me means its not gonna cost you for repairs but the times I sent in pairs it was Not free.
Just a couple of the pairs I have

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Another vote for Costa. I have abused them and sent them in for repair. It does cost $12 but if they can't fix them they will send you a new pair. I also have owned many Oakleys but they do not stand up to abuse or normal wear. Costa's are made for saltwater fishing and can handle the abrasive salt without scratching. Worth the money.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just got back from a small trip and immediately went to order a pair of Oakleys from that website that @MikeyL mentioned.
It goes directly to a GoDaddy thing now.
Any more info Mikey?

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great thread ya got going here....I go through sunglasses like shit through a goose. :confused:

If I don't lose them, I misplace them for long periods of time, so that's fun when I "Discover" them down the road.

Or I'll put them on top of my head or in a front shirt pocket then lean over and they fall out and get scratched right smack dab in the middle of the lens rendering them useless. (I have a bunch of brand new Croakies, floating, non-floating and a few other different leashes...do I use them?)

Right now I have Ray Bans and Serengeti's that are good enough for me to see through. I know I have a new pair of Oakley's and a spare set of lens' for them somewhere in the house.

It get those brands at cost, but even that's high for some of these models...so I really have been trying to take better care of them.

But since I've read this I'll be grabbing a new pair this afternoon - I dropped my Ray Bans last weekend...yep, small scratch right in the middle of one of the lens'.:mad:

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just got back from a small trip and immediately went to order a pair of Oakleys from that website that @MikeyL mentioned.
It goes directly to a GoDaddy thing now.
Any more info Mikey?
Thanks for the new update. My take on this is ....... Someone complained ......... and the websites have been taken down.
We'll keep checking and after possibly a week I may need to delete my post.
Thanks for letting us all know.
There ARE website where Oakleys can be obtained in the $ 60 range.
Tied up right now, smoking some chicken over southern red oak, and some other stuff, but I'll go to work on it later today if you can wait.
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Last edited:

smthng

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Peppers polarized sunglasses are available on Woot today... they generally have one "batch" of stuff and they sell them till they run out, so if you like these you should probably be quick. $20 after shipping. Pretty sure they don't float, but it's still a good price for Peppers even though it's not exactly my style. http://sellout.woot.com/plus/peppers-polarized-sunglasses-2

xoomer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Peppers polarized sunglasses are available on Woot today... they generally have one "batch" of stuff and they sell them till they run out, so if you like these you should probably be quick. $20 after shipping. Pretty sure they don't float, but it's still a good price for Peppers even though it's not exactly my style. http://sellout.woot.com/plus/peppers-polarized-sunglasses-2
That's a great price--I had previously purchased some similar Peppers on Amazon for $40.00 a pair! They were so cheap on Woot today that I ordered two pairs for a total of $36.78 including taxes & shipping.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My peppers came in today!

The white and red pair do not float but the other pair does.
20150424_162351.jpg

90 dollars worth of glass for 38 bucks shipped....Yes please!!

20150424_162940.jpg

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

xoomer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Those are the same two pairs I ordered--got them yesterday--great glasses at a rock-bottom price.
Great minds think alike? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

TonkaTuff

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wife got me Revo one yr for one reason or another. I've actually been pretty happy with them.