• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

gouge on underwater hull

Shipbuilder

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
so I picked up a pretty good gouge, It's about 3"long and 1/2" wide. somehow just missed the keel guard I installed. I think it happened while trailering, one of the bunks came loose and it may have hit the bunk bracket. Is the spectrum patch paste a suitable fix for this?

Attachments

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seal it with some 3M 4200/5200 first, then do the spectrum patch.

Shipbuilder

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Seal it with some 3M 4200/5200 first, then do the spectrum patch.
Thank You! I just ordered the 3M 5200 on amazon. It will get here in 2 days. I also ordered the spectum patch but unfortunately it's not on Amazon. Not sure when it will arrive yet.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank You! I just ordered the 3M 5200 on amazon. It will get here in 2 days. I also ordered the spectum patch but unfortunately it's not on Amazon. Not sure when it will arrive yet.
If you ordered directly from Spectrum it will ship the same or next day. I always got mine the next day, I live in Miami, I believe it ships from Northern Florida. (note Iboat still has it listed on there site but they are not a reseller anymore, you have to order direct from spectrum)

Last edited:

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would not add 4200/5200 to that. Just use the patch kit directly over it.