• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling June 19 to 25 2016

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nah. Lets do Exuma.
I would love to do the Exumas but it would be near impossible to do as a large group trip to many issues to over come with a large group such as very limited lodging and fuel. Hopefully one day I will get to do it but it would likely be in a small group of 3-4 vessels with people who I trusted in an offshore environment. Once again hopefully someday till then Bimini will do very nicely.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would love to do the Exumas but it would be near impossible to do as a large group trip to many issues to over come with a large group such as very limited lodging and fuel. Hopefully one day I will get to do it but it would likely be in a small group of 3-4 vessels with people who I trusted in an offshore environment. Once again hopefully someday till then Bimini will do very nicely.
@robert843 I meant it as in a kayak. I was joking, too. :p

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 I meant it as in a kayak. I was joking, too. :p
Well crap we can pull this off then if there is no need for for fuel. I'm in lets set it up @swatski. We can attach tubes to the back of the kayaks to haul gear maybe even a make shift sail to help with speed.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
We did the shark feeding at Stuart coves over on the other island It was a bit odd to have these sharks swimming through knocking into your shoulders. Definitely a bucket list thing though b

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Majorsmackdown, are you really towing all the way from Portland to Fort Lauderdale? If so you definitely win the award for the longest tow?
Yep, that's the plan - I used to have a 28-32 foot sea ray (depending on how it's measured) that I towed all over the northwest - but was too chicken, and ignorant to bring to Florida. This yamaha is light enough and easy enough to tow , combined with the group effort - to finally bring this dream within reach.

Anyone else from the NW want to caravan ?

BigJay17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Actually, a little further than that. I'd be coming from Battle Ground, WA. I think I misspoke when I entered Portland, Oregon as our "home port".. we actually launch out of Camas, Washington most of the time. All in the same vicinity though... I've been away for work the last week, and didn't see that it was time to register for the Bimini Sands condos. I hope I'm not too late for anything... I just mapquested - 3303.4 miles. Gonna be some sore butts.

BigJay17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Actually, a little further than that. I'd be coming from Battle Ground, WA. I think I misspoke when I entered Portland, Oregon as our "home port".. we actually launch out of Camas, Washington most of the time. All in the same vicinity though... I've been away for work the last week, and didn't see that it was time to register for the Bimini Sands condos. I hope I'm not too late for anything... I just mapquested - 3303.4 miles. Gonna be some sore butts.
I am from Cornelius Oregon. My parents moved me out here 22 yrs ago. I am floridain now. . Good luck on that trip

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Whew! And here I was worried about gas driving the boat over there!
You know.. that far, you could fly in and purchase a used vx110 or something and get over there, lol!
Seriously though, we talked about doing that with my dad who apparently gets sea sick really bad as soon as we stop moving.:yuck:
I keep sending him links to ebay jet ski's of different sorts but he never bites, lol! My wife didn't think we should buy one for him to borrow either... bummer.

Rental of anything - has always turned into disappointment - plus we want to take "our" boat.. but ya - I'll admit - I looked into a boat rental scenario a little bit but it didn't take long to realize that would be a nogo. Imagine paying for the condo, air fare and getting there to find that the rental boat was damaged the day before.. I'm picturing nightmare scenario.
Air fare for 4 people compared to gas - I don't think I'd save any money anyhow.. :)

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am from Cornelius Oregon. My parents moved me out here 22 yrs ago. I am floridain now. . Good luck on that trip
Well, it looks like you have about the same miles... you just did it a while go. Thanks, I won't refuse any amount of good luck. I just did a partial cross country trip for work and saw a lot of wrecks along the way. Very sad.

BigJay17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, it looks like you have about the same miles... you just did it a while go. Thanks, I won't refuse any amount of good luck. I just did a partial cross country trip for work and saw a lot of wrecks along the way. Very sad.
I drove truck for a living. It's aways like that. Just be safe and aware.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Spring break has started and my family is watching Bimini videos on YouTube while dreaming about being back there and asking about how many kids will be there this year. How about yours?

chris24

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Spring break has started and my family is watching Bimini videos on YouTube while dreaming about being back there and asking about how many kids will be there this year. How about yours?
We don't have any children. But this year we're going to bring our nephew and his girlfriend ages 21 and 19.