• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling June 19 to 25 2016

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Should we be concerned that we never got a confirmation # for a slip?
I have never received a confirmation # for a slip. They seem to assign them as we arrive. In 2014 a big group was coming in while we were there so they had us sharing slips.

javi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Should we be concerned that we never got a confirmation # for a slip?
When did everyone get their condo numbers? Did you receive via email?

We've already paid but now I'm starting to worry too!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Almost all slips have electricity. It is supplied via a 30 AMP connector which is documented in the Preparing For Bimini thread.
So you guys need the 30amp to 15amp 120v plug adapter if you need to run your chargers.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The is the shore power relevant content from the Preparing for Bimini thread

Shore Power and Water

Bimini Sands has shore power and water available. The 110 volt power is supplied via a NEMA L5-30P female socket which is common at marinas. I would bring at least 50 feet of extension cords. They tend to pack the boats in so you may have to run the cord some distance to access power. You could use a NEMA L5-30P male to NEMA 5-15 female adapter combined with a standard extension cord. I made an extension cord with a L5-30P male on one end and standard plug on the other by buying the L5-30P at Home Depot, cutting off the male end and attaching the L5-30P.

The water is supplied via a standard garden hose spigot. I keep a Pocket Hose in my ski locker to fill my shower tank.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So you guys need the 30amp to 15amp 120v plug adapter if you need to run your chargers.
But it is not a RV plug. It is a L5-30P connector which seems to be primarily used in marine applications.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, other than folks like @Bruce who have a refrigerator on board, and others who have large sound systems that require the batteries to be charged daily, why would you need power during the 5 day trip? I'm not being silly, I'm really curious in the sense of wondering if I should prepare differently.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So, other than folks like @Bruce who have a refrigerator on board, and others who have large sound systems that require the batteries to be charged daily, why would you need power during the 5 day trip? I'm not being silly, I'm really curious in the sense of wondering if I should prepare differently.
Most of us do not need shore power. Tim H's big boat and I are the only ones that I have seen plugged in. Most will be running their engines enough to keep their batteries charged.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I received two emails immediately. one for Condo and one for slip.

Arrival Date:

6/20/16

Departure Date:

6/25/16

Boat Size:

Rate per night:

Requested:

45' SLIP

Deposit Requested:

and another

Arrival Date:

6/20/16

Departure Date:

6/25/16

Adults/children:

5/ 0

Rate per night:

Requested:

1 LOFT MV

Deposit Requested:

Deposit Received:

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I was more worried about not hearing from marina in Ft. Lauderdale. I resent form and they then confirmed....that woulda sucked.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a battery charger onboard and I would plug it in while dockside not because I have a huge stereo (I dont) but because its peace of mind knowing when I leave the dock, my batteries are top notch and more importantly it will run my bilge pumps at the dock and hopefully keep my boat floating in the unlikely event of a hull breach. Yeah, you could say that I am worried about slim odds but I see those slim odds pop up around boats more often than other places.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When did everyone get their condo numbers? Did you receive via email?

We've already paid but now I'm starting to worry too!
@javi in my original reservation they did not give me a unit number either I had to call to confirm as I had asked for a specific unit.

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For the folks that have to carry extra fuel, how have you refueled on open water? Just hold the fuel can over the side until she's empty? I'm planning on bring 10-15 gallons extra, in 5 gallon cans.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For the folks that have to carry extra fuel, how have you refueled on open water? Just hold the fuel can over the side until she's empty? I'm planning on bring 10-15 gallons extra, in 5 gallon cans.
Yes most just hung the gas can over the side. make sure you have some type of hose connection on your can to make your life easy. I would plan to bring 15 gallons in case of bad conditions. In good conditions if you keep on plane you will not need any fuel but in bad conditions you will likely need that 10-15 gallons.

Manchild

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was just reading through the Bimini Trip preparation document (lots of great info in there) and I've printed the Bahama Customs Inward Report, form # C2A for completion, which must be presented to Bahama Customs upon arrival. The Bahama Immigration card is not available online. Any chance we can get these prior to our trip or at the Captain's meeting on 6/19? Any additional guidance on this piece would be helpful. Thanks.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was just reading through the Bimini Trip preparation document (lots of great info in there) and I've printed the Bahama Customs Inward Report, form # C2A for completion, which must be presented to Bahama Customs upon arrival. The Bahama Immigration card is not available online. Any chance we can get these prior to our trip or at the Captain's meeting on 6/19? Any additional guidance on this piece would be helpful. Thanks.
We will hand them out at the captains meeting(s).

tim2808

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is a link to the portion of the video I made in 2014 headed to Bimini when we were refueling. Keep in mind these conditions were basically perfect and you can still see us rocking around. We had one person holding the long tube in the fuel neck and one holding the can. This can was leaking when tipped cause the cap was too tight, which is why I am holding a towel around the nozzle. I CANNOT IMAGINE holding a can over the side of the boat to refuel and rocking around all over the place. So bring a tube, ours was like 6 feet which made it super easy and easy to swap to the next can.

In the Part I video you can see where we had the can's in the ski locker, with the door open. That was be far the safest and easiest place where we could store them. We used VP racing jugs that are square and fit perfectly in the ski locker. We took 4 cans, 20 gallons, but we only needed maybe 10. Again, 100% perfect conditions. The guys in 192's in 2015 ran out of fuel and I believe they had 15 gallons extra but they had pretty rough conditions.