• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

show off your guns here(fire arms)

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Damn right Americans and our guns.... if that girl above is really Canadian, then I approve of Canadian weapons for the purpose of this thread :)

Ruger Hawkeye in .375 Ruger
LWRCi M6A2 6.8SPC (SBR status and suppressor are waiting in NFA jail)
Kimber TLE RL II in .45 ACP
A .22 Marlin Rifle - with more kills than anything else!

Others come and go as we rotate between family members. Just sent a .243 to my brother, have my pop's old .338 Win Mag in Browing A Bolt as a .375 Ruger back up :)
I absolutely loved my LWRC M6A2 6.8spc. I had the shortest barrel possible without the SBR. I sold it to a good buddy so he would stop begging for it. I just didn't shoot it much. It really went against my policy of never selling a firearm.

My next additions will be long range shooting......~1000 yds. I'm thinking 300 win mag. or 338 Lapua.

Yes, the Ruger SR22 is a great little pistol. I recommend them to lots of folks. Especially guys trying to get their wives comfortable with a semi auto without something loud/scary to learn on.

Last edited:

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have a chance to buy an under 100 round FN 5.7x28 Herstal. It comes with 3-20round mags and 3 boxes of ammo worth 100$ and the reloading die to reload it, all for 900.00.
What say you? Deal or no deal?
I can buy a new one through my gun club for 988.00 with the 3 mags but not the ammo. so it's a fair deal, but not great.

Ammo is running about .44 cents per round for standard ammo

I offered less, he's firm at 900.

Attachments

Johmas50

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, since the boat is now tucked away for the winter. The wife and I went and shot my newest purchase Saturday. It's a Smith and Wesson SD9 VE (my first handgun). I have to say, for being such an inexpensive gun, this thing is awesome!SD9.jpg

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So...how much is the ammo costing you guys these days... I mean, if I were to buy a gun ...let's say a shotgun, and I want to buy bullets for it, how much do they cost to buy? Not to make your own in your Betty Crocker bullet making oven, but at, say, Wal-Mart?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Glassman 12 gauge shotgun shells for skeet shooting and small game hunting are around $25 per 100 at Walmart. Shotgun shell prices have not suffered the shortages and price increases of other types.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
this is a good little site for finding ammo deals. It's not all inclusive, but it covers some popular sites for buying ammo online. Most stuff is back down in the normal range, maybe a little on the higher side. Not sure why 22 is still so damn hard to find. I'm glad I was stocked up before the craziness.

http://www.gunbot.net/

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A couple of my favorite shotguns. Browning Gold Upland Specials in 20 & 12 gauge.
image.jpg

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First, nice kill shot. . . . . Hell of a rack on that bad boy.

That said, I'm not trying to kill the thread or be an asshole here but that barrel is pointed awfully close to your noggin . . . . . . Be careful out there not to flag yourself, especially with having the bolt closed like this. In the excitement after a great kill shot like that it is easy to neglect gun safety protocols. While the stock looks synthetic an should be unaffected by the snow, that is not good for the scope either.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wasn't familiar with this or the actual movie. Is the movie good?
Not a movie, if you search you tube for "cup song" there are a lot of video versions of this song. The one with the group of kids using Solo cups is pretty good, that may be the original one for all I know.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Not a movie, if you search you tube for "cup song" there are a lot of video versions of this song. The one with the group of kids using Solo cups is pretty good, that may be the original one for all I know.
Oh, ok...I thought they were all being recreated from an original in the movie pitch perfect (2012)

Last edited:

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Scopes we use have been thru snow storms, and most good optics are waterproof FYI. Same rifle (Bat308win). Lol
Though they might be able to "handle" it. . . . It doesn't mean it is "good" for it. . . . as going through a snow storm is a bit different than having the lens packed with snow. But to each their own.