• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone getting 2022 Yamaha orders???

jags313

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Same here. Reserved 195S 5/27/21, ordered 8/17/21. Still waiting…
I realize yamaha doesnt care where they send the boats but there are dealers receiving boats they didn’t order…i would think yamaha can safely assume most ordered boats are basically sold already. It would help the dealer reps greatly to get what they ordered but they will all be sold in this market.
I recently saw a post on facebook from someone about 100 miles from me who ordered a AR190. Dealer recieved a 195S they didnt order and up sold him…
Maddening since my dealer cant seem to get one delivered…

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Heres another angle to the story. Lets say you do get your boat and then shortly thereafter you have maintenance issues whitch require parts. You could be waiting a long time because of inventory shortages for those parts. Hopefully the boat is not disabled due to parts. I have a connex screen that wont respond anymore, ive been waiting for 6 months for a replacment. Just called the dealer and he says there are zero available in the country. Glad its not a starter or an engine sensor ect..

TRSmudge

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
What do you mean that you put a deposit down in June, but boat was ordered in August?
Yeah my dealer starts their list, so deposit down in March, I had the #1 spot for my model that they would get. But yes I believe they couldn’t place their orders with Yamaha until they were announced, as my dealer called to verify colors were ok like the day after.

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It seems like there is not much coorelation between when boats have been ordered and when they are delivered. The dealer has an allocation with Yamaha and when Yamaha makes the boat they let the dealer know it is on its way. The thing that seems to matter is if the allocation is part of a build associated with a given boat. There seem tobe quite a few of the 25' boats that have been ordered since December that are being delivered.

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
Heres another angle to the story. Lets say you do get your boat and then shortly thereafter you have maintenance issues whitch require parts. You could be waiting a long time because of inventory shortages for those parts. Hopefully the boat is not disabled due to parts. I have a connex screen that wont respond anymore, ive been waiting for 6 months for a replacment. Just called the dealer and he says there are zero available in the country. Glad its not a starter or an engine sensor ect..
I would think the law would require a certain percentage of parts to be available for warranty or service and a company could not just keep building a product (boats in this case) for profit.

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I would think the law would require a certain percentage of parts to be available for warranty or service and a company could not just keep building a product (boats in this case) for profit.
If that is the case the entire manufacturing industry would have to shut down. This isn't just Yamaha, oven just boats. It is rampant across all of manufacturing.

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well i havent read the fine print lately but, im not aware of the legal obligation for them to maintain parts inventory. They do however have to fix the boat under warranty, dont know how long that takes. Ive Read some horror stories on this forum of guys getting jerked around for quite some time with there boat at the dealer waiting to get fixed. Some folks missing there entire boating season waiting on repairs.

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Well i havent read the fine print lately but, im not aware of the legal obligation for them to maintain parts inventory. They do however have to fix the boat under warranty, dont know how long that takes. Ive Read some horror stories on this forum of guys getting jerked around for quite some time with there boat at the dealer waiting to get fixed. Some folks missing there entire boating season waiting on repairs.
You’re correct. We don’t have laws that govern parts inventory levels. That’s a level of micromanaging we’ve yet to achieve, thankfully. I highly doubt the warranty includes SLAs on repairs either. That’s typically governed by “good faith” efforts which would provide very broad latitude in Yamaha’s favor in this climate. Unless a company did something that rose to class action levels I doubt much can be done.

WV76x

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered a 195s 10/21. Called the dealer today and he said the boat is built, but waiting on a truck to deliver. Who knows for sure, but transport might be an issue as well. I’ve been worried Yamaha might cancel allocations again like last year. Apparently the boats are shipping, however waverunners are really backlogged.

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
You’re correct. We don’t have laws that govern parts inventory levels. That’s a level of micromanaging we’ve yet to achieve, thankfully. I highly doubt the warranty includes SLAs on repairs either. That’s typically governed by “good faith” efforts which would provide very broad latitude in Yamaha’s favor in this climate. Unless a company did something that rose to class action levels I doubt much can be done.
Yes, I was referring to Federal laws, if any, that would require a manufacture to designate a certain amount of production parts for service repairs. I had heard, never read, that auto manufactures were required to manufacture parts for a certain number of years after they sell a particular model of a car, so thought there might be some legalize that addresses the issue. It for sure wont be in any manufactures warranty documents.

I would really think there is some sort of federal consumer protection law that addresses this.

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Yes, I was referring to Federal laws, if any, that would require a manufacture to designate a certain amount of production parts for service repairs. I had heard, never read, that auto manufactures were required to manufacture parts for a certain number of years after they sell a particular model of a car, so thought there might be some legalize that addresses the issue. It for sure wont be in any manufactures warranty documents.

I would really think there is some sort of federal consumer protection law that addresses this.
I get where you’re going but consumer protection laws won’t directly dictate inventory amounts or require manufacturers to build parts for certain timelines. Consumer protection laws may indirectly result in those actions but it’s because they protect consumers from false promises like warranties not being honored. Laws would have to be updated far too often if they were so narrowly focused as to specify details on parts inventory levels/manufacture dates.

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I ordered a 195s 10/21. Called the dealer today and he said the boat is built, but waiting on a truck to deliver. Who knows for sure, but transport might be an issue as well. I’ve been worried Yamaha might cancel allocations again like last year. Apparently the boats are shipping, however waverunners are really backlogged.
Mine shipped about a week and a half ago. Came in Saturday should be ready for pickup tomorrow or Thursday.

DiggerPA

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Ordered a Blue 195s in Late August 2021, Was told it would probably be in around April. Got a call first week of December that the boat was being built and should arrive in 2 weeks. It arrived 12/20/2021. Nice Christmas present. From Highway Marine in Pennsylvania. I was second on the list for a Blue and 2 arrived on the same day.

mark_lake_lewisville

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put a deposit down in mid-February for an AR250 knowing it was dealer allocation for a May delivery. Called today and found out its on the way to the dealer. I wasn't sure what to expect so I'm pleasantly surprised.

GatorNeedsHisGat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Put a deposit down in June 2021 for an SX195. Order was placed in August and it's been radio silence since. Reached out to the sales rep at SkipperBuds in Madison, WI a couple times and he said the dealer won't have any info until it's shipped. Fingers crossed that I get it soon, but I still have my old Sugar Sand Tango in the meantime so I won't miss any fun. Hope yours comes soon, too!
And just got the call today. I pick my new sx195 up on Tuesday.

greg10

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I'm still waiting for my AR250, expected April delivery. No news yet

WV76x

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Received the call today. Yacht Blue 195s ordered in October has arrived! Also pleasantly surprised my credit union has a 2.99% fixed rate for 5 years. With the current inflation/appreciation that’s cheaper than cash!

Last edited:

Rad167

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Stopped by the dealer today and the new date is 5/11/2022. He said Yamaha has delivered all but 13 boats to them so far.

mcmspark

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I put my deposit on a blue 195s 6/12/21 and the dealer placed their order in August, even being first on the list we still don’t have a boat, and no commitments on delivery.
These are being delivered all over the country, but still none at my dealer.