• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone getting 2022 Yamaha orders???

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I put my deposit on a blue 195s 6/12/21 and the dealer placed their order in August, even being first on the list we still don’t have a boat, and no commitments on delivery.
These are being delivered all over the country, but still none at my dealer.
I feel your pain. My dealer has given me a difinitive date of the middle of August for the Delivery of my 255 FSH. Other than that he doesn't have a clue.

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You’re correct. We don’t have laws that govern parts inventory levels. That’s a level of micromanaging we’ve yet to achieve, thankfully. I highly doubt the warranty includes SLAs on repairs either. That’s typically governed by “good faith” efforts which would provide very broad latitude in Yamaha’s favor in this climate. Unless a company did something that rose to class action levels I doubt much can be done.
Who are you batting for anyway? Sounds like your trying to protect the dealers. I would like a minimum amount of inventory in order to service existing boats within a reasonable time. Too much to ask? At this rate your boat could sit on the lot throughout your entire warrany period. Hows that for getting ripped off.

Rammrodd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Man, all these new deliveries and no pictures posted?, 😂

We ordered a green 212xe back in July of 21 and the boat came in the end of September. I don't believe Yamaha cares one bit about orders as much as allocation. We were the 3rd customer on the list for this model but the 1st one wanting a green one. They received 2 green ones and none of the black ones at the time. 🤪. And they ended up sitting on the other one for a short time. We are finally getting the boat run up for delivery this week! Spring is finally here!

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Who are you batting for anyway? Sounds like your trying to protect the dealers. I would like a minimum amount of inventory in order to service existing boats within a reasonable time. Too much to ask? At this rate your boat could sit on the lot throughout your entire warrany period. Hows that for getting ripped off.
I’m not “battling” for anyone. Simply stating there aren’t laws to govern inventory levels. With that said, if you’re advocating for laws to govern inventory levels then how much more are you willing to pay in taxes to enforce them? There will be added costs to all goods that are subject to those laws as well. So how much more are you willing to pay for for those same goods in addition to the added taxes to pay for enforcement?

To be clear, I am not “trying to protect the dealers”. I am sone one who has owned multiple businesses that kept inventories (none were dealerships of any type) and understand the complexities associated with governing inventory levels by law. It’s not a good solution for anyone. Like you, I don’t want to be inconvenienced due to lack of part availability not do I want anyone else to be. But placing the blame and responsibility on the dealers or even Yamaha is misplaced. Manufacturers typically rely on other manufacturers for parts and this companies can be located all over the world. It’s impossible to enforce inventory mandates at a dealer level or even at Yamaha’s level as a result. I wish there was an easy way to prevent part delay issue like you describe but its not a realistic scenario. Accept it or don’t. It won’t change the reality of what is either way.

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m not “battling” for anyone. Simply stating there aren’t laws to govern inventory levels. With that said, if you’re advocating for laws to govern inventory levels then how much more are you willing to pay in taxes to enforce them? There will be added costs to all goods that are subject to those laws as well. So how much more are you willing to pay for for those same goods in addition to the added taxes to pay for enforcement?

To be clear, I am not “trying to protect the dealers”. I am sone one who has owned multiple businesses that kept inventories (none were dealerships of any type) and understand the complexities associated with governing inventory levels by law. It’s not a good solution for anyone. Like you, I don’t want to be inconvenienced due to lack of part availability not do I want anyone else to be. But placing the blame and responsibility on the dealers or even Yamaha is misplaced. Manufacturers typically rely on other manufacturers for parts and this companies can be located all over the world. It’s impossible to enforce inventory mandates at a dealer level or even at Yamaha’s level as a result. I wish there was an easy way to prevent part delay issue like you describe but its not a realistic scenario. Accept it or don’t. It won’t change the reality of what is either way.
You make valid points. I understand it is more complicated than my depth of knowledge. I guess everyone in Americas taxes going up .02C wouldn't bother me as long as I have parts for my boat.👍 Sorry to hijack the thread with this guys. and Thanks Taylor for the professional response.

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I was told yesterday that mine is "in the warehouse" awaiting a load to come this direction. Not sure what the warehouse is; I suspect they mean the storage lot in TN.

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was told yesterday that mine is "in the warehouse" awaiting a load to come this direction. Not sure what the warehouse is; I suspect they mean the storage lot in TN.
Who is your dealer?

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I saw on Boat Trader today someone listed a 2021 252SD in the Dallas area.

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Phil Dill has an SE now too.
I hope that’s an indicator that more SE models are on their way to dealers. I’m ready to get out on the water.

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A buddy of mine from the club and myself both put in for 22's back in last sept early oct. at Highway Marine in quakertown, pa. He just got his this month, well its there he picks up later this month, I am bumped to 23' the FHS series are coming in quick but they say less people order them. We are both ar195s which is like a flagship model .

GatorNeedsHisGat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Picked up my SX195 last week and took it on it's maiden voyage yesterday. Little chilly on the Mississippi River pool 13, but nothing a sweatshirt couldn't handle.

Attachments

Stevepro172

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered a Monterey last August, was supposed to be delivered in February, then May 1st, now they are saying end of June. They can't get engines and some other parts to finish the boat! I'm not worried though as I still have my 2018 AR240 to use. I did not sale it as I kinda figured this would happen. Good luck to all that are waiting on their boat!

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I see another red 252SE showing in stock at McMillan in Rochester, NY. Hope they send some blue ones out soon as well.