• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cleat nuts:

Samp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My 2019 212 Limited S has loose cleats forward and aft, and nuts have been lost. Neither a Metric m22 nor a SAE 7/8" nut fits the stud on the cleat. Can anyone tell me what size and thread count of nut is needed? Is it perhaps a "pipe" type thread? Boats.net will sell the cleat with washers and nuts but will not offer the nuts separately, price >$50 @.

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My 2019 212 Limited S has loose cleats forward and aft, and nuts have been lost. Neither a Metric m22 nor a SAE 7/8" nut fits the stud on the cleat. Can anyone tell me what size and thread count of nut is needed? Is it perhaps a "pipe" type thread? Boats.net will sell the cleat with washers and nuts but will not offer the nuts separately, price >$50 @.
Here is the link to the page from Partzilla. https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/boat/2019/212-limited-s-xbt1800bu-2019/hull-deck-fittings

Or check out this thread. https://jetboaters.net/threads/nut-size-on-cleat.16893/

Samp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks. I'll try the shopvac method described in the thread to which you referred.

Samp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
212 LIMITED S LOOSE CLEATS PROBLEM:
OK, problem solved. Took cleat assembly to Bolt & Nut store and learned the studs are 7/8"-9. However these studs on the cleat are tapered, gradually larger closer to the body of the cleat assembly. Turns out standard 7/8"-9 nuts do not snug up, but rather they bind about halfway up the stud on the cleat assembly. The OEM nuts are intentionally loose, with wide tolerances, and they supposedly lock when tightened up on the tapered stud. But they repeatedly have loosened on my 212 Limited S. I bought a 7/8"-9 Die and, with much effort, machined the studs such that a standard nut fit nicely and snugged up tight. Purchased a 7/8" impact driver socket with two holes into which one can insert a screw driver. Because there is insufficient room in the hull for use of a ratchet, had to use the 7/8" socket with a screw driver in the socket holes for a lever to tighten down the nut against the split ring lock washer. All components, nut, flat washer and split ring lock washer are Stainless Steel of course. Working through the stern speaker holes, installed cleats back on boat with a nut, flat washer and a split ring lock washer on each of 2 studs on each cleat assembly.