• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cobra Steering

Edge540je

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone ever have the fins powder coated? I am thinking about ordering a set for my new AR190 but wish they were black

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That is easy you just use the Rust-Oleum all in one spray paint and if you tell me you are painting when you place the order then I leave the decals off so you can add them after the paint dries.
1698530575753.png1698530623636.png 1698531050324.png Just looked for a couple of pictures sent to me by customers who painted their fins the last one was a complete replacement of the factory rudder setup with a set of super ultimate ak-19 single systems when he did away with the factory setup and went to my steering after his son hit a sand bar and ripped off the rudder being towed. 1698531370253.png the same boat when his factory rudder was destroyed.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
For you new to jet boat world people , Remember that all aftermarket jet boat steering is not alike and I have been doing this since 2001. I blazed this trail !
I do not do bling , next time you are walking past a Yamaha jet boat anchored in the water look down at the nozzles and see what steering it has, I guess in very clear water you may be able to view it but in my location in Florida I can not see a glimpse of the nozzles even a foot away from the boat.
I make super steering and everything I do to it is so it will perform the way you want it to without needing any kickstands in shallow water or when towing the boat on the trailer.
I make systems from tempered aluminum for strength and I build in soft aluminum parts to allow the fins to move if impacted either in front or in reverse. To avoid any damage to the factory parts, I shape them for a reason so they will automatically change their influence levels based on the position of the hull in the water.
I make most of my fins adjustable so you get to set the level you like the best.
I also carefully shape them to avoid having any sharp points or edges or water skies on the bottom of them and to avoid having any cross members UNDER the Nozzle between the fins.
My systems are not just slow speed enhancements they work at all speeds even off power .
They are made to improve the speed in turns getting rid of the speed bleed-off so common with these boats.
My systems allow you to make a sharp turn while decelerating and they get rid of the bow wander .
I also add in a second tie rod to the twin AK boats for added control and redundancy to the system . I also make my steering compatible with the new Yamaha angled thrust started on 2019 models for reverse so that you do not need to add any reverse enhancements ,allowing you to maintain the same level of reverse backing power and stopping power that Yamaha put in the newer style nozzles.
I also keep my prices very low with my BUY DIRECT DISCOUNT PRICING and I also offer FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING! So do your research before you purchase any steering enhancements for your boat .
If you want the most steering control at ALL SPEEDS not just at the dock and if you want guest operators to drive with confidence .
The answer is simple call me and I will review what boat you have and what system will best fit your needs.
And as always ,with a 30 day MONEY back guarantee and a special warranty both are posted on my web site.
Also visit my Facebook pages and remember this is what I do.
I started this because I purchased a jet boat and hated it, back when I was 49 years old and had owned boats since I was 14 years old. But NEVER A JET BOAT!
Once I designed a steering system for it I went from hating the boat to loving it more than any previous boat I owned.
I was then asked by the members of yamahajetboaters.com to help them with their horrid steering and one of their members actually dropped off his boat in my front yard and said call me when you make steering for it because I hate it now.
I went out in the boat with him when I designed and installed a system for it and he had the same reaction I had when I first drove my jet boat with the steering added. he was overwhelmed with the difference it provided.
And 22 years later I continue to design and build steering for jet boats and P W C's. . It's my baby.
Also visit the vendor section of this site. https://jetboaters.net/forums/cobra-jet-steering.55/