• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Finally made it happen!

Ribs77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Haven't tried putting the boat in the driveway yet, but fingers crossed that it goes smoothly. Picked up a '21 195s today!

Had an amazing blue sky morning for the water test before purchase. Lake Washington here in Seattle. Water was about 42 degrees, though!

Can't wait for summer!boatme.png

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We are having a bad cold winter here in Florida this year
1708123669092.jpeg1708123716381.jpeg1708123772598.jpeg

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Congrats on the new boat! 🥳

Jim

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
congrats...good looking.
did momma go on water test?

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Haven't tried putting the boat in the driveway yet, but fingers crossed that it goes smoothly. Picked up a '21 195s today!

Had an amazing blue sky morning for the water test before purchase. Lake Washington here in Seattle. Water was about 42 degrees, though!

Can't wait for summer!View attachment 215203
Congrats! looks cold. But fortunately just a few short months until it warms up.

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
nice...looks like it came with some gear...what's next to spend your money on? stereo? board racks?

Ribs77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
nice...looks like it came with some gear...what's next to spend your money on? stereo? board racks?
Probably storage / moorage. My driveway sucks, largely because of how busy my street is with traffic. It took me about a dozen tries over two separate sessions to back it in.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Probably storage / moorage. My driveway sucks, largely because of how busy my street is with traffic. It took me about a dozen tries over two separate sessions to back it in.
It will get much easier over time!

Jim

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast. Like everyone says, you'll get better quickly. And CONGRATS!

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice! We try to hit Lake Washington every now and then.FAE77C28-620D-4E19-B2A1-36C1FC2FA14A.jpeg

Ribs77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice! You ever "tailgate" games there? I'm hoping to do at least one this upcoming season...

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've tailgated.....never sailgated. I think our boats would be used to get rich people to the docks from the yachts LOL. I gave up my season tickets when all the games turned into night games (it was a looong day on those). We have party coved it by Seward Park and I started getting little man's disease parked next to all the big boats.

Ribs77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sailgating! Knew there must be a clever word for it. Yeah, I'm sure I'd be outclassed but I don't care much about that. Just being out there would be fun. Any boat can just show up, right? You don't need a ticket for the game? Hard to tell from their website.

Yeah, the Seward area party scene is crazy. I live around there so I see it every summer.

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've never been around the stadium during a game in the boat or walked out there sadly. I don't know if it is first come first served at the dock or if the slips are reserved. I don't see why you couldn't anchor close by and have a good time though.
Typically we get out to Lake Washington only once or twice a year. We tend to hit as many lakes/rivers in the state as our schedule permits. It's fun to do that lake just being so much different than our typical boating with the city vibe, big boats, houseboats, drawbridges, Montlake cut, etc..... Now you've got me wanting to hit a nice fall day for a game!

Ribs77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh, I think the slips are definitely reserved. There's a form and everything and I think the wait list is tough. But I don't even care about getting out of the boat - I'd just want to drop an anchor in the bay and soak in the atmosphere with friends. I assume that's allowed, but it's a bit hard to confirm 100% online.

Ribs77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With a few months to go until the season starts, I'm definitely overthinking everything at this point. I guess I'll try to contain all of my dumb questions t this thread.

I'm now paranoid that I didn't remove the cleanout plug after the water test a few weeks ago. The boat is currently stored in a barn three hours from me, under the cover and multiple tarps.

Think I can get away with leaving the cleanout plug in there until late April at this point or will I regret doing so?

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In a 2020 you are probably okay. It's best not to leave them in but it's not near as bad as the older ones with the push button releases that got stucker than stuck if not pulled. Either way, if you can get to it sooner it wouldn't hurt to pull em' and get some silicone grease on the rubber if you are in the mood for a road trip.