• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hi from Niagara, Ontario

Cabbi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi all. Just got my new to me 2007 Yamaha SX210. It is a beautiful boat. Took it on a sea trial today and purchased. I have been on here for a bit looking and reading tons of information on here. Of course I do have a question lol what a newbie! After the trial I asked to see the clean out ports to see if they were ok. He tells me that the dealership had put them in there permanently and has no idea what or how they did it! He said this was Yamaha's fix to them popping out. I am pleading for help guys please tell me there is a way to get them out so I can install locks on them.

Attachments

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello, @Cabbi, and welcome!!!

Ok, on the plugs, some bad news: that is not Yamaha's fix. There should be a button down there and when you push the button, the plug should lift out. If it doesn't, it is because the plug has corroded and swelled. The solution usually then is to us a 2x4 and a rope to tie to the T handle at the top and leverage it out. Some have even had to use a floor jack to pull up on the rope.

Once you get it out, then the plug will need to be rebuilt. Rebuild kits are available online, and we have several experts here on rebuilding them. Not a hard job.

Then we can hook you up with the real solution to prevent plugs popping out: there are locks that lock them in place.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Through some ice in the holes to get the plugs to shrink slightly. Leave for an hour then start pulling on the plugs.

Cabbi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Ok, on the plugs, some bad news: that is not Yamaha's fix. There should be a button down there and when you push the button, the plug should lift out. If it doesn't, it is because the plug has corroded and swelled. The solution usually then is to us a 2x4 and a rope to tie to the T handle at the top and leverage it out. Some have even had to use a floor jack to pull up on the rope.

Once you get it out, then the plug will need to be rebuilt. Rebuild kits are available online, and we have several experts here on rebuilding them. Not a hard job.

Then we can hook you up with the real solution to prevent plugs popping out: there are locks that lock them in place.

Thanks I will try that. So your thinking these were not permanently installed.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thanks I will try that. So your thinking these were not permanently installed.
This is Yamaha's claim to fame with their patented plug that can be remove to clear debris. They would never permanently affix them in place. You must get them out to be usable. The dealer doesn't know what they're talking about.

Cabbi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is Yamaha's claim to fame with their patented plug that can be remove to clear debris. They would never permanently affix them in place. You must get them out to be usable. The dealer doesn't know what they're talking about.
I am hoping so. Thanks for the help

Cabbi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

@tdonoughue it looks like they were glued in. I can see what looks to be white glue/silicone around the edges. What would my course of action be?
thanks

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh, no.

Well, that is not good news. Definitely not right. I guess in this situation, I would continue to use it until the end of the season and meantime order a rebuild kit. After the season I would use either the 2x4 or the jack method to try to pull the plugs. You will definitely then need to rebuild them. Once you get it out, you will need to clean the inside of the hole, too.

Confirm first that you can pop the button and the plug mechanism releases, though. You should then be able to push the T-handle down to get it to click back in place. If they glued or epoxied the T-handle down, we need a new plan.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi all. Just got my new to me 2007 Yamaha SX210. It is a beautiful boat... He tells me that the dealership had put them in there permanently and has no idea what or how they did it! He said this was Yamaha's fix to them popping out.
You can ask that BS dealership what they used to seal the cleanout plugs. And then don't thank them for being lazy in their solution to a problem. You may be able to use DeBond Corporation Marine Formula to remove the sealant or at least soften it up so the plugs can be pulled. it may take several applications, in your off season, to get them out depending on how much sealant they used. This is where I get it. Fawcett Boat Supplies You can get it online thru other retailers and on Ebay. Good luck. There are other adhesive removers out there, but I have only used this one. If you could find a big bottle of it to pour in the tube, it might penetrate quicker than the spray.

Last edited:

Cabbi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh, no.

Well, that is not good news. Definitely not right. I guess in this situation, I would continue to use it until the end of the season and meantime order a rebuild kit. After the season I would use either the 2x4 or the jack method to try to pull the plugs. You will definitely then need to rebuild them. Once you get it out, you will need to clean the inside of the hole, too.

Confirm first that you can pop the button and the plug mechanism releases, though. You should then be able to push the T-handle down to get it to click back in place. If they glued or epoxied the T-handle down, we need a new plan.
Thanks @tdonoughue yes I will use it for the season and hope for no plugged jets till then!

Cabbi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You can ask that BS dealership what they used to seal the cleanout plugs. And then don't thank them for being lazy in their solution to a problem. You may be able to use DeBond Corporation Marine Formula to remove the sealant or at least soften it up so the plugs can be pulled. it may take several applications, in your off season, to get them out depending on how much sealant they used. This is where I get it. Fawcett Boat Supplies You can get it online thru other retailers and on Ebay. Good luck. There are other adhesive removers out there, but I have only used this one. If you could find a big bottle of it to pour in the tube, it might penetrate quicker than the spray.
Thanks @zipper I am in the process of determining what dealership it was. Great idea with the DeBond. I will try in the off season.

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
welcome another jetboater in Canada !

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmmm.... You forgot to say, 'eh', you two. Are you guys really Canadian? :)

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
(Guess, I should have said, 'Y'all forgot...', being allegedly from Texas myself)

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length