• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How long is your trip to get to your boating destination?

How long do you travel to go boating?

• Less then 15 min

Votes: 83 35.8%
  • 15 to 30 min

Votes: 39 16.8%
  • 31 to 45 min

Votes: 25 10.8%
  • 46 to 60 min

Votes: 27 11.6%
  • more then an hour

Votes: 58 25.0%

• Total voters

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, my little short 10 minute from house to boat unloaded in the water has changed to about 45 minutes to an hour since we moved to TX.

Which brings up a question I wonder about....is it better to store your boat close to the lake or close to home?
Right now it's in a storage lot about 3 miles from home, in a covered slot. I'm on a waiting list for the storage lot at a marina at the lake that is not covered...
I think having the boat close has some advantages if:
If You're currently working on things, adding things. Or, you at the spur of the moment want to travel to a different destination. Otherwise, if all services and a place to wash out exist, why drag it back and forth so far? At that point you only risk a trailer breakdown, and accident, and regular poor gas mileage.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While I am not on the water, I am near it.

4 miles, or about 7 minutes by truck (3 minutes by snowmobile) to the launch ramp.
By snowmobile. . . .? This you?

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well, my little short 10 minute from house to boat unloaded in the water has changed to about 45 minutes to an hour since we moved to TX.

Which brings up a question I wonder about....is it better to store your boat close to the lake or close to home?
Right now it's in a storage lot about 3 miles from home, in a covered slot. I'm on a waiting list for the storage lot at a marina at the lake that is not covered...
I would lean towards the covered slot for two reasons. One is the Texas sun will wear out your cover, trailer and boat. Two is the fact that three miles is almost at home. It makes prepping and finishing much easier if you can drag it home occasionally to prep or come home first and unload, clean, etc.

That said, I store covered at the lake, actually three miles from the launch, but it takes two hours to drive there. My boat is not as clean as when I stored in my garage. It's all compromises.

treeskier

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@sysinu Great area. We have a vacation home in Midway, UT. Love the cottonwood canyons and the greatest snow on earth.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would highly recommend keeping the boat in a covered slot if not in an enclosed one. @jawsf16 is right about the Texas sun taking a toll on all your equipment. @Wayloncle you just came from Florida so you know what the sun can do if your toys are left out in the sun too long. The same goes here!

Back on topic for this thread I would store close to home or maybe between the two if possible. I personally store in a garage at my home. We made the decision long ago to put money towards building our own storage facility on our property instead of paying rent for somewhere away from home.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well that's expensive boating right there.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpg
I would highly recommend keeping the boat in a covered slot if not in an enclosed one. @jawsf16 is right about the Texas sun taking a toll on all your equipment. @Wayloncle you just came from Florida so you know what the sun can do if your toys are left out in the sun too long. The same goes here!

Back on topic for this thread I would store close to home or maybe between the two if possible. I personally store in a garage at my home. We made the decision long ago to put money towards building our own storage facility on our property instead of paying rent for somewhere away from home.
Yeah I like having it close to home, I drive by it at least once during the week just to check on it. I'm excited to have it under a cover, the cover is about 20' feet too high :) but it'll keep a majority of the sun and rain off of it.