• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How long is your trip to get to your boating destination?

How long do you travel to go boating?

• Less then 15 min

Votes: 83 35.8%
  • 15 to 30 min

Votes: 39 16.8%
  • 31 to 45 min

Votes: 25 10.8%
  • 46 to 60 min

Votes: 27 11.6%
  • more then an hour

Votes: 58 25.0%

• Total voters

Johmas50

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It's about 1 hour 15 mins to Laurel Lake where our boat is housed in dry storage, but I call on the way down and they put it in the water and we are ready to go. We are also about the same distance from Cumberland, and Norris in TN is about an hour further. We also have Cave Run Lake east of us at about an hour.

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Boat is in dry storage about 20 minutes away at Lake Ray Roberts. From there, maybe 10 minutes to be on the water. If we have the boat at the house, 10 minutes to be on the water at Lake Lewisville. Favorite lake is Texoma. About an hour to pick up the boat and drive to Texoma.

Cotay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sadly for us, it takes us nearly three hours to get to any lakes that we enjoy boating on. The local lakes are either closed (mussels) or the boats from my county are banned on them (in the next county over) due to the one reservoir here being closed years ago before I bought my boat (due to the aforementioned mussel infestation). The ban is a real pain for us, but the one lake we would frequent in the next county over doesn't allow swimming anyway (but they do allow PWCs). The closest place for us to launch is the O'Neill Forebay at San Luis Reservoir, but it is way too windy and really not that enjoyable. So far our two favorites are Don Pedro or Millerton in the California Central Valley. We need to leave the house by 7:00 AM (no small feet with four children aged 6 and under...with one on the way) and we typically don't get home until well after midnight.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The trip to where he sits on a lifted slip is about 5 minutes. The trip out of the lagoon in mostly no wake zones is about 30 minutes but then we're in the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. It's a nice slow little cruise out, just checking out the houses and other boats....don't mind the no wake zones at all.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The closest lake for us, and the only one we've been to so far, is Raccoon Lake (Cecil M. Harden) here in Indiana. It's about an hour from driveway to ramp. Everything else is at least two hours.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I travel about 67 Feet from the back door to the dock. . . . . It's exhausting.

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
From my lakeside door... down a dozen steps... walk the beach toward the water and the boat is 20 yards from the shoreline on a mooring. Have to say though... love having it in the water and handy, but it is getting really dirty. I am sure I have lost some speed from scum buildup.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
From my lakeside door... down a dozen steps... walk the beach toward the water and the boat is 20 yards from the shoreline on a mooring. Have to say though... love having it in the water and handy, but it is getting really dirty. I am sure I have lost some speed from scum buildup.
I have had my in the water for over 2 months, and just pulled it recently. There was barely ANY build up. While I know this will vary from place to place, I am wondering if the black hull is helping this. . . .

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Fortunately we have a lake house at Lake Anna and we reside here in the summer months! LOVE IT! Technically we are 1.15 hours away so before the lake house, that was the drive each way.

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When the Mrs text me that it's a lake day, I punch out at work, drive home, change to lake clothes, load cooler and boat bag, stop in at the dry storage, get the boat, put it in the water, drive to main part of the lake, build me a whiskey drink and have a sip, 38 minutes

Greg M

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
sigh, all of you living on the water... for shame! making those of us that are land locked jealous! lol

We are in central okla... tons of water around us if you don't mind red water! To get to a "clean/nice" lake, we have to go over an hour at least....
Arbuckle... 1 hour
Eufala (to the porum area)... 2 hours
Tenkiller... 2.5 hours and no shore line to speak of :/
lake of choice for us, Texoma... 2:15 from home to Soldier Creek including a gas stop and wal-mart stop in Madill to stock up

We don't mind road tripping at all though to hit a good lake, the trip is part of the fun for us!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Greg M , have y'all tried Broken Bow? It's a beautiful clear lake that's not red and in Oklahoma. We have lots of water around us too, but the closest day trip lake that we prefer is an hour from the house. Texoma is a favorite for us too, but it's at least an overnight trip since it's 2+hours away with a Walmart fuel stop to top off the tanks on the way. My favorite lake is Broken Bow because it's so clean and deep as well as isolated. It's just us and the lake when we go there. There isn't much else to do in the area around the lake in my opinion.

Greg M

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Greg M , have y'all tried Broken Bow? It's a beautiful clear lake that's not red and in Oklahoma. We have lots of water around us too, but the closest day trip lake that we prefer is an hour from the house. Texoma is a favorite for us too, but it's at least an overnight trip since it's 2+hours away with a Walmart fuel stop to top off the tanks on the way. My favorite lake is Broken Bow because it's so clean and deep as well as isolated. It's just us and the lake when we go there. There isn't much else to do in the area around the lake in my opinion.
my issue with Broken Bow is its 3+ hours away for us, and you cant leave your boat in the water overnight. All the cabins or places to stay are off the water. We have been down there and to the cabins twice, its a nice get away solitary place. Just isn't texoma ;D

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't mind putting the boat back on the trailer at night. I usually sleep better with it outside my cabin door then in a slip anyway. When at Texoma I leave it in the water at my friends dock so that is a nice luxury and it doesn't bother me as much. Besides, Broken Bow is so clean I don't need to wipe the boat down after pulling it out like I do everywhere else.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My boat is always at the lake and I would be too if I only didn't have to work!! Our place is about a 50 minute drive from home. Love that place!!
upload_2014-12-31_7-18-40.jpeg

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jim Robeson - We seem to have similar views from the deck. . . . . . . Wish mine was 50 Minutes away. I am about 2 hours door to door, though in the summer we are there 4-5 days a week.

10485787_10203347617386690_5957306696080444731_n.jpg

After You

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We boat at Lake Jackson in Florala and sometimes go to Lake Eufala in Abbeville Alabama. They are both fantastic lakes for watersports. Jackson takes 40 min to get too and Eufala takes 1 hour and 20 min to get too. It's worth it!

Last edited:

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
To the Boat about 200 meters, To the launch ramp about another 200 meters then open calm Sea and many deserted Islands to explore, Or maybe a spot of fishing.

IMG_1855.JPG
Check the conditions are ok and away we go
IMG_3646.JPG
May pick up a passenger

IMG_4131.JPG
Plenty of deserted Islands to enjoy with the family

IMG_1500.JPG
Just spend precious time messing about on the water.

IMG_2395.JPG
First one this year caught on Sunday morning eaten Sunday evening a Queen fish very tasty.