• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How long is your trip to get to your boating destination?

How long do you travel to go boating?

• Less then 15 min

Votes: 83 35.8%
  • 15 to 30 min

Votes: 39 16.8%
  • 31 to 45 min

Votes: 25 10.8%
  • 46 to 60 min

Votes: 27 11.6%
  • more then an hour

Votes: 58 25.0%

• Total voters

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
House we just sold was exactly a half of a 5k run away. Figured that out for exercise purposes. New house is 3 minutes further away. Lake michigan is 40 minutes to our favorite launch. On our little lake it is 2 minute drive to where my little obes swim. Lake michigan we are on the water for another 40 before we swim.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
We boat at Lake Jackson in Florala and sometimes go to Lake Eufala in Abbeville Alabama. They are both fantastic lakes for watersports. Jackson takes 40 min to get too and Eufala takes 1 hour and 20 min to get too. It's worth it!
Careful of stumps on lake Eufaula. If you have a local map, most of the stump areas are marked. Be sure to look up the lake level, it's really bad if the pool is down. I bumped one there in what I thought was a safe area.

After You

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks Big Shasta, I will watch the chart closely and stay away from shore.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
50 miles from my door to the ramp on South Holston. 70 miles to the ramp on Boone Lake.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
About 3 miles for me in PA. In Florida, the Halifax is almost in my back yard and the marina is at the end of the block.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
10 minutes around to the other side of the lake.. Launch is on the north side of the lake I live on the south side.. unfortunately I have an interior lot and not a water lot.

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
about 3-4 miles from house to Columbia Park East ramp on the Columbia River. I usually go a little bit further upstream to a nicer boat ramp in Richland. From the water I can travel all the way to the Pacific Coast at Cape Disappointment through locks at the dams or I can go up the Snake River all the way up to Lewiston Idaho again through dam locks. Once past Lewiston there are no more locks at the dams.

Trm1765

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
We live in Austin, which is about an hour and a half from our piece of paradise near Red Wing in the backwaters of the Mississippi..but if I leave straight from work I can be there in less than an hour. The bright side is that our piece of paradise is a permanent spot on the water, the boat is already in the water, the fridge already has beer, and there is usually food ready to go...We might show up and stay for a couple hours or for a solid week, sometimes we just stay there and go back and forth to work from there. From the time I show up, I can have the cover off the boat, the boat running and heading out in a very short time. Our dock is in the backwaters of the Mississippi and from there we have instant access to the Wisconsin and Minnesota channels of the Mississippi river, we can be on Lake Pepin in about 10-15 minutes, or only a 30-40 minute ride to the St Croix river with 1 lock and dam to go through... Without going through any locks we have 40 miles of water to boat on that is a couple miles wide in spots...Unlimited boating in any direction with different sights everyday if we choose.. We could literally boat to New Orleans from Minnesota if I could figure out how to afford the gas...

Last edited:

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I hope to one day have a place like that on one of the lakes I like to go to.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Walk or ride down to the Marina about .8 mile from the house then drop the lift on Lake Wylie.

seafoxfla

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
in the water fast cause we're on the waterIMG_0645.JPG

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
These are our favorite boating locations...

6.7 miles to Gene Coulon Park on Lake Washington, WA
8.6 miles to Lake Sammamish State Park on Lake Sammamish, WA
96.4 miles to Washington Park in Anacortes, WA
172 miles to Beebe Bridge on the Columbia River, WA
212 miles to Steamboat Rock State Park on Banks Lake, WA

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@jdonalds , John, I know it is a long, LONG ways. You may have been on Powell before so you have that box checked...I have not. But if a group can make it there from all over, I am hoping that maybe you might find it doable. It is 1010 miles for us from Texas. Convincing Clara that this is a worthwhile endeavor will be a challenge. I know that most won't take trips that long, and I am included in that group. But for me, seeing that magnificence in my lifetime would be grand. So I am hoping that if enough of the gang can make the trek, maybe you would join us too!
It was a year ago next week, that we were discussing the the distance from our home to Lake Powell. How quickly things change and not always what you expect. As some of you know, we are the new parents of a bouncing baby motorhome! And now Clara is onboard with taking the boat and going to Lake Powell. So our boating destination this fall is roughly 1000 miles away! We will get in some good boating, beautiful scenery there, also Zion, Bryce Canyon, and Grand Canyon National Parks, and maybe even a couple others such as Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, and Arches National Parks if we decide to come home via Denver and don't spend more than 3 or 4 days at Lake Powell. We will see, see much! The bigger question will be, how many miles, er hours away, will my favorite anchorage be from the marina!:eek:

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We travel about 1.5 hours to the lake house where our boat lives. She has a nice covered dock and lift to rest in until we arrive. Once there of course there is zero time to get going. As mentioned above the beer, liquor and hot tub all await us. We used to have her at another lake in a marina. Took us about 20 minutes to get there.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where we can boat and where we prefer to boat are often times different locations. I can put the boat in 2 miles from home (5 minutes) but the water is colder and the current is a little faster than if I go 8 miles from home which puts me upstream of the dam where the water is warmer, slower and wider. I prefer to boat on Banks Lake which is one hour away plus 25 minutes to the boat ramp I prefer (a total of 85 miles). Having said that there are dozens of options within a 2 to 3 hour drive - so many options that we get paralysis by analysis when choosing a place to go, so we end up just going back to the spots we know.

I know I have touted this area in other posts, but I need to be honest with you all...I would move to Florida in a heart beat if I could! I waste my days and nights looking at the threads and links posted by the Florida group wishing I was there. Between the boating and the scuba diving it would be fantastic!

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We're 7 miles from our launch, so driveway to ramp is less than 10 mins.

treeskier

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I love it when an old thread gets going again ... I am 25 steps to the boat which sits on a lift at our pier on the bay which is our back yard (see pic below). It's a dream come true to live, work and play year round at the beach.

image.jpg

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, my little short 10 minute from house to boat unloaded in the water has changed to about 45 minutes to an hour since we moved to TX.

Which brings up a question I wonder about....is it better to store your boat close to the lake or close to home?
Right now it's in a storage lot about 3 miles from home, in a covered slot. I'm on a waiting list for the storage lot at a marina at the lake that is not covered...

Ismael Breton

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How long to you travel to get to your boating destination?

We have some smaller lakes in the area that are 30 min away, the river is 45 min away.

How far do others travel?
I Live in Hendersonville, TN where we have Old Hickory Lake with 5 minutes of most places, but I think driving 1 hr to 2hrs is well worth it to get to Dale Hollow, Center Hill, or even Tim's Ford. So far, Dale Hollow is my favorite.

Attachments

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
While I am not on the water, I am near it.

4 miles, or about 7 minutes by truck (3 minutes by snowmobile) to the launch ramp.