• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Introducing JetBoatSupply.com! Discount Code Inside

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Can you find a generic Catch Can at a cheaper price? Yes. Does it come with the proper hardware, detailed instructions, and available support needed to install it on a 1.8? No.

Everyone is different, and some prefer to spend a few extra dollars to have an easy install versus the headache of trying to make things work on the fly. Some may not even have the know-how to do so either. Food for thought.
Fair enough, like I said that was just my opinion. Best of luck to ya

jetboatsupply

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good luck with your company!

Regarding the catch can, I've not heard of this before. Care to share more on why you would need to use this?
Thank you!

Sure can. Catch Cans are quite big in the general automotive community and especially with those that build high-performance racing engines. All engines, regardless of being brand new or not, experience blow-by. Blow-by is known as the gasses that build up in the crankcase produced as a result of combustion. The amount of blow-by experienced varies between new and older engines as well as supercharged and naturally aspirated engines. This gas needs to be removed from the crankcase due to pressure build-up, so manufacturers add breathers to the crankcase to vent them out. Most of the time, and in the case of the Yamaha 1.8, the breather connects to a nipple on the air intake. So why is this a problem? Well, blow-by contains oil vapor that robs performance over time due to fuel degradation and coats your air intake duct/throttle body with oil residue. Our Catch Can Kit will "catch" this oil vapor and allow you to be able to empty it out rather than letting it get into your engine.

I was inspired to create a kit for our jet boats after 1. Cleaning my air intake duct/throttle body after 200 hours and witnessing how much oil residue was in it and 2. Learning that nobody else sells one specifically for our jet boats. I run this kit in my personal boat and have already caught a good bit of oil within 20 engine hours of installing it (see attached picture).

Attachments

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Thank you!

Sure can. Catch Cans are quite big in the general automotive community and especially with those that build high-performance racing engines. All engines, regardless of being brand new or not, experience blow-by. Blow-by is known as the gasses that build up in the crankcase produced as a result of combustion. The amount of blow-by experienced varies between new and older engines as well as supercharged and naturally aspirated engines. This gas needs to be removed from the crankcase due to pressure build-up, so manufacturers add breathers to the crankcase to vent them out. Most of the time, and in the case of the Yamaha 1.8, the breather connects to a nipple on the air intake. So why is this a problem? Well, blow-by contains oil vapor that robs performance over time due to fuel degradation and coats your air intake duct/throttle body with oil residue. Our Catch Can Kit will "catch" this oil vapor and allow you to be able to empty it out rather than letting it get into your engine.

I was inspired to create a kit for our jet boats after 1. Cleaning my air intake duct/throttle body after 200 hours and witnessing how much oil residue was in it and 2. Learning that nobody else sells one specifically for our jet boats. I run this kit in my personal boat and have already caught a good bit of oil within 20 engine hours of installing it (see attached picture).
Is the can open, or is there a screen to assist in the oil capture?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
There is a filter housing that is filled with coarse stainless mesh to extract the oil from the vapor. Attached some pictures for you.
Thats what I was wondering. Commercial vehicles with air brakes have air dryers with the same type of stainless steel screen to extract oil and moisture from the system. Good info. So contrary to what one member quoted earlier, these do in fact fit the newer 1.8 engines.

jetboatsupply

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thats what I was wondering. Commercial vehicles with air brakes have air dryers with the same type of stainless steel screen to extract oil and moisture from the system. Good info. So contrary to what one member quoted earlier, these do in fact fit the newer 1.8 engines.
I didn’t know that, that’s pretty cool. Learn something new everyday.

Indeed they do as this kit was actually developed for newer 1.8’s specifically.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I didn’t know that, that’s pretty cool. Learn something new everyday.

Indeed they do as this kit was actually developed for newer 1.8’s specifically.
Here’s the screen I was telling you about

Attachments

Hilario Perez

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just ordered the flush valve, looks like a cool piece of equipment that you don’t have to be jumping off the boat all the time to turn off the water hose.

Hilario Perez

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Jet Boat Supply are here in the central Florida area. Let’s help support our small businesses. Got my piece delivered to my door after ordering just this morning. Talk about customer service.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Just ordered the flush valve, looks like a cool piece of equipment that you don’t have to be jumping off the boat all the time to turn off the water hose.
That valve is a tow valve, but yes, can be used as a flush vslve. I ordered 2 myself.

jetboatsupply

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Jet Boat Supply are here in the central Florida area. Let’s help support our small businesses. Got my piece delivered to my door after ordering just this morning. Talk about customer service.
Thank you for the kind words, it was great to meet you. I hope you enjoy using it!

jetboatsupply

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That valve is a tow valve, but yes, can be used as a flush vslve. I ordered 2 myself.
We offer two types of valves currently: tow valve to keep water from getting in the engine while towing and the flush valve to prevent you from having to get off your boat after starting it to turn your hose on when flushing :cool:

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
We offer two types of valves currently: tow valve to keep water from getting in the engine while towing and the flush valve to prevent you from having to get off your boat after starting it to turn your hose on when flushing :cool:
Got it...hopefully I ordered the tow valves! Lol

jetboatsupply

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got it...hopefully I ordered the tow valves! Lol
No worries you ordered the ones you intended for lol. Looks like they will be delivered this Saturday the 22nd.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Thanks!

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Congrats they all come with the necessary clamps and a hose cost next to nothing. 🤔 You don't even have SVHO engines so your input is invalid😂😂
Not to be a dick, but these were introduced as new for the 1.8 engines.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
@jetboatsupply Got my order today and I like the trash bag hangers. I'm not sure if I'm going to use the tow valves. I was expecting the internal valve to be a metal ball valve, it's not. I can't take the chance that the internal plastic mechanism won't fail under pressure. I'm going to opt for some stainless steel ball valves. I'll use these in my flush lines instead. Also, you may want to include stainless steel clamps with the valves.