• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just started digging into the 2021 SX250/AR250 audio system

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After having everything hooked up for a few weeks im thinking I might just add a separate head unit. The system sounds fine but I can’t adjust the sound settings and I like a little more bass than what I’m getting.

Jdl110

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah I wasn’t a huge fan of the head unit but I wanted to keep it functional as well when I want to use the swim platform unit. I did the WS-220BT and connect my phone direct to the zone controller via BT or Aux cord and it’s worked well

Attachments

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
After having everything hooked up for a few weeks im thinking I might just add a separate head unit. The system sounds fine but I can’t adjust the sound settings and I like a little more bass than what I’m getting.
Agreed. I pulled out the stock head unit on the swim step and installed the Wet Sounds MC-1 at the helm. The unit gives you a digital 4 zone display and a digital 4 zone LED Light Controller. Pics of the set up can be found on my build thread below.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Agreed. I pulled out the stock head unit on the swim step and installed the Wet Sounds MC-1 at the helm. The unit gives you a digital 4 zone display and a digital 4 zone LED Light Controller. Pics of the set up can be found on my build thread below.
I did t see your thread. Does it work with the factory radio/controls?

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah I wasn’t a huge fan of the head unit but I wanted to keep it functional as well when I want to use the swim platform unit. I did the WS-220BT and connect my phone direct to the zone controller via BT or Aux cord and it’s worked well
What did you mount it on? Where did you find a piece of plastic to fit that space?

Jdl110

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What did you mount it on? Where did you find a piece of plastic to fit that space?
I took the small pocket out and cut a piece of abs plastic to fit that area. It’s held in with the factory screw holes for the factory pocket. I put the controller towards the back of the panel so I can add battery gauges. I have two dual pro battery fuel gauges to mount in the front of that panel to monitor my two group 31 battery banks consisting of 4 xs power batteries. There is plenty of room under the pocket to fit the zone controller. I’m going to do a build page as soon as I finish up my trim tabs and under water swim up seat bracket install that will have more details of my build.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I did t see your thread. Does it work with the factory radio/controls?
Nope and that was by design. Completely cut the cord from the factory system. The Wet Sounds MC-1 displays all the info I need and it's within arms reach when I need to adjust the individual zone audio and lighting.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If you go the MC-1 route I can tell you that the head unit is just a flat display with some buttons and can be mounted almost anywhere. There is a separate brain to the unit that looks like an amp that can be tucked away.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
If you go the MC-1 route I can tell you that the head unit is just a flat display with some buttons and can be mounted almost anywhere. There is a separate brain to the unit that looks like an amp that can be tucked away.
Think it would fit where the factory phone holder is on teh 250s?

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Definately. If I had a 25 footer I’d look into some sort of floating mount to match the floating connext screen on the helm. Would look pretty slick and original.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was looking for a place to throw an aftermarket stereo and that’s the spot I figured would work best. I was thinking of putting the MC-20 in. You can take the phone holder out, cut the hole where the holder is and if you don’t like it the phone holder mount would cover up the hole if you decided to go back to the factory setup.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I was looking for a place to throw an aftermarket stereo and that’s the spot I figured would work best. I was thinking of putting the MC-20 in. You can take the phone holder out, cut the hole where the holder is and if you don’t like it the phone holder mount would cover up the hole if you decided to go back to the factory setup.
That is what I was thinking.

Jdorta

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Excuse me if someone already covered this.
I was looking at the set up in my2021 AR250.
I just looked at the factory installed Wetsounds amp after following this thread.
what I found is that it appears that Yamaha installed a HTX6 in my boat. It is wired into the Connext system and all works well.It looks like Yamaha kept my amp standard. I see all 6 RCA jacks (CH 1-6).
Also, it appears that they are running all 6 ASA crap speakers from only Chanel’s 1-4, which leaves channels 5-6 outputs available to me.
So, my crazy question is, can I just run tower speakers straight to those outputs? (Can’t be that simple, can it?).
if my assumption is correct and I was lucky in this first generation boat (march 2021) , I should be able to simply upgrade the crappie 6.5’s and add the tower speakers and drastically improve my sound without braking the bank nor adding extra amps.
Not trying to go. Full audiofile on the boat, just wanting to get to a decent sound.

Additional information: It looks like This amp has four channels as input, then channel 5 and 6 are outputs. These outputs are not being used. And then the four speaker output which are being used to run the six speakers.

PS. There is also a USB port dangling under the consul inside the starboard locker, any idea what that is? It is separate from the diagnostic pugs (2 of them).

It looks like This amp has four channels as input, then channel 5 and six are outputs. These output to not being used. And then the four speaker output which are being used to run the six speakers.

I will keep following for comments.

Last edited:

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Pic of the amp some RCA units are still DSP. and that would be the issue. There is a supply shortage on the OEM connector. so some amps came RCA & DSP. If it is DSP it is un-known if ch 5/6 are tuned Full range , sub, or disabled.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Excuse me if someone already covered this.
I was looking at the set up in my2021 AR250.
I just looked at the factory installed Wetsounds amp after following this thread.
what I found is that it appears that Yamaha installed a HTX6 in my boat. It is wired into the Connext system and all works well.It looks like Yamaha kept my amp standard. I see all 6 RCA jacks (CH 1-6).
Also, it appears that they are running all 6 ASA crap speakers from only Chanel’s 1-4, which leaves channels 5-6 outputs available to me.
So, my crazy question is, can I just run tower speakers straight to those outputs? (Can’t be that simple, can it?).
if my assumption is correct and I was lucky in this first generation boat (march 2021) , I should be able to simply upgrade the crappie 6.5’s and add the tower speakers and drastically improve my sound without braking the bank nor adding extra amps.
Not trying to go. Full audiofile on the boat, just wanting to get to a decent sound.

Additional information: It looks like This amp has four channels as input, then channel 5 and 6 are outputs. These outputs are not being used. And then the four speaker output which are being used to run the six speakers.

PS. There is also a USB port dangling under the consul inside the starboard locker, any idea what that is? It is separate from the diagnostic pugs (2 of them).

It looks like This amp has four channels as input, then channel 5 and six are outputs. These output to not being used. And then the four speaker output which are being used to run the six speakers.

I will keep following for comments.
Looks like this? What’s used and not used? Post pics
FDCDA133-9884-478E-ACD8-775F5FE3E0D5.jpeg

Last edited:

Jdorta

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So popped out a couple more speakers. The cabins are wired with the same colors on the 2 left cabin speakers and 2 right cabin speakers. They are on the front 2 channels. The swim platform speakers are on the rear 2 channels. I disconnected one of the cabin speakers and it's mate continued to play, so they are definitely wired parallel. So the factory setup is 150w @ 2 ohms to both left speakers and 150w @ 2 ohms to both right speakers. And 100w each @ 4 ohms to each swim platform speaker.

All into plastic 25w speakers. What a waste of potential on that amp...
you may have already gotten an answer to the tuning of the Amp, but just in case, I spoike WS and they say that the amp is flashed to YAMAHA's requirement to push those 25W per channel SPS speakers, so I assume that it is really tuned down to supply 30W per channel max at 4 OHM. The Tech at WS also mentioned that they cannot re-flash these amps (not sure if this is an agreement with Yamaha). Basically, this is telling me that I just need to use the amp as a boat anchor and get an amp that can deliver a little more watts to my Kicker 6.5 in. speakers so that they can actually sound a little better. I am an not looking to blow people out of the water with loudness, just want clean/clear decent sound.

Jdorta

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looks like this? What’s used and not used? Post pics
View attachment 178504
actually it was an HTX-4 DSP. very strange, still tuned to YAMAHA's specs for the SPS speakers. so basically, a boat anchor in trying to get decent sound out of my 65W Kicker speakers, I think!

Attachments

Kozmo714

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello, I also have a Wetsounds HTX-4 DSP amp in my boat, there are only 4 channel outputs for the speakers but input wise channel 1-4 has RCA jacks in them, there is also a channel 5-6 and its labeled output. I bought the Wetsounds AS-10 Subwoofer hoping that I can just connect to this output and it does not work. I just changed all 6 speakers with DS-18 6.5 speakers and they seem to sound pretty good on the stock amp.

My question in, how do I connect the subwoofer (WS AS-10 Subwoofer) to the factory amp. is there a way to do this. Do I just get a speaker wire to RCA converter and connect to one of the speaker outputs, is that the way to do it, or is there really no way to do it except change the amp.