• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sotally Tober 5's Completed Build (Pic Heavy)

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Special shout out to my good friends at Golden Boy Mobility (https://goldenboymobility.com) in Poway, CA! Without Gary Colle (President/CEO and Fabricator of the Stripper Pole), Paul Justiniano (Service Manager and Designer of this Monster System, Caesar and Levi (Technicians and Installers) this beast would not have come alive!

1.jpeg2.jpeg3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG6.jpeg7.jpeg8.jpeg9.jpeg10.jpeg11.jpeg12.jpegtempImagerBAvZP.png14.jpeg15.jpeg16.jpeg17.jpegtempImagepq204X.png19.jpeg

Last edited:

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
and some custom SeaDek Cuts from Jet Boat Pilot that are on the way. I've also included images of where they will be placed.

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 20.58.11.pngUnknown.jpegHelm Foot.jpegCockpit Deck.jpegBow.jpegAnchor Locker.jpegPort Side Cockpit.jpegHelm.jpegDesign to be used on Helm Piece.png1.jpeg2.jpeg3.jpeg4.jpeg5.jpeg6.jpeg7.jpeg8.jpeg9.jpeg10.jpeg

Last edited:

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Really awesome to see all the work you put into making the boat "YOURS!"

Re: custom cover over the giant hole the Fusion head unit left. Looks to be a CNC routered item, but to my eye, it loses a lot of detail. Something I've done with my past electrical panel to help my bad eyes see the breaker numbers - they're inset like your lettering - is to run some caulk over all the lettering (the suede grey would set that off quite nicely, if you can find something close to matching, IMO), and then, before it sets up, wipe off the excess. This leaves the lettering filled in. Another option would be a nail polish. Might be easier to find a match, and it might be easier to deal with. Not sure on that one, but I saw the idea a while ago in some magazine I read (Family Handyman? 🤷‍♂️ ), and it worked great for my electrical panel, and I'll bet it works great for your custom panel, highlighting the lettering.

I also dig what you did in the anchor locker. When I get the drain hole/tube addressed to my satisfaction, that's an idea I'll consider adopting. Great ingenuity for that area. Given that you're using the sand spikes and where you store them, do they cause any issues if you have to pull your cleanout plugs? One of them seems like it might be in the way, not sure if it is, or if the pic just makes it seem that way.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
WOW!!!!

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Re: custom cover over the giant hole the Fusion head unit left. Looks to be a CNC routered item, but to my eye, it loses a lot of detail. Something I've done with my past electrical panel to help my bad eyes see the breaker numbers - they're inset like your lettering - is to run some caulk over all the lettering (the suede grey would set that off quite nicely, if you can find something close to matching, IMO), and then, before it sets up, wipe off the excess. This leaves the lettering filled in. Another option would be a nail polish. Might be easier to find a match, and it might be easier to deal with. Not sure on that one, but I saw the idea a while ago in some magazine I read (Family Handyman? 🤷‍♂️ ), and it worked great for my electrical panel, and I'll bet it works great for your custom panel, highlighting the lettering.
Agree on this. Automotive paint pens work really well for this sort of application too.

Boat looks fantastic - do you have any storage space left? LOL.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Agree on this. Automotive paint pens work really well for this sort of application too.

If you played Dungeons & Dragons you’d use a crayon. :)

+1 on using the iPad mini for jukebox. I’d like to do the same and have it be my GPS map with Navionics (using iPhone right now).

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Really awesome to see all the work you put into making the boat "YOURS!"

I also dig what you did in the anchor locker. When I get the drain hole/tube addressed to my satisfaction, that's an idea I'll consider adopting. Great ingenuity for that area. Given that you're using the sand spikes and where you store them, do they cause any issues if you have to pull your cleanout plugs? One of them seems like it might be in the way, not sure if it is, or if the pic just makes it seem that way.
You are right on the custom cover. In fact a CNC did routered the item and I agree a lot of the detail was loss. Unfortunately Jet Boat Pilot was not able to create a SeaDek name plate to go over due to the small size. I really like your nail polish recommendation. Once I have some time I will probably look further into filling it with a gray shade.

As far as the Shore Spike storage goes... Yes, they have to be removed to pull the plugs; however, it's super easy and quick. I installed these to keep them in place: https://www.amazon.com/Original-Quick-Fist-mounting-equipment/dp/B000CQPANY/ref=asc_df_B000CQPANY/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309832851244&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1975113795630072041&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9061197&hvtargid=pla-420395418179&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=64417494871&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=309832851244&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1975113795630072041&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9061197&hvtargid=pla-420395418179

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So where do you put the cooler and 47beach bags your less than fully clothed friends bring along?
I had a feeling this question was going to be asked. Long story short, I had to get really cleaver with the storage situation to make this work. One of the mods that I didn't mention was removing the rear wash down tank to create more storage space.

Within the next few days I'll snap some photos of how I have everything arrange and what I did to create some storage.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

I will definitely check out the pens.

As I mentioned above, I had to get very cleaver with storage. Within the next few days I will snap some pics to show what I did. And yes there is some storage left =)

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
*adds this item to the Amazon "more shit I need to buy thanks to this doggone forum" list*

Is it really the boat that causes the spending, or is it this forum? ;)

I'm liking the idea of that for mounting my table leg somewhere other than on the floor to get bounced around.
Those quick fists are super secure and really easy to open. Definitely a good buy.