• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sotally Tober 5's Completed Build (Pic Heavy)

bigwaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fantastic, over the top awesome! Great attention to detail. Everything looks very well done. Where did you find the flag holders or did you make them?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Totally awesome!!! Thanks for sharing. You'd almost hate for anyone to get on it with sand and (salt) water and muck everything up. But, I've seen pics from previous boat/parties, don't think you really mind. :winkingthumbsup" Live large and enjoy!!!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Totally awesome!!! Thanks for sharing. You'd almost hate for anyone to get on it with sand and (salt) water and muck everything up. But, I've seen pics from previous boat/parties, don't think you really mind. :winkingthumbsup" Live large and enjoy!!!
That's why you get the model with the washdow....oh...er...oops! :D

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Holy sh!t.
Unbelievable!!! Wow.

I must say, I find the "purchased 3rd bow filler cushion" trick most brilliant.
I'm so doing it! and I feel so humbled, lol; I came so close to figuring this out on my own over the years...! but, I did not.
:cool:

--

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Really nice boat!

Is that fabric next to the USB port in the helm a cover for all the wiring & unfinished fiberglass?

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Really nice boat!

Is that fabric next to the USB port in the helm a cover for all the wiring & unfinished fiberglass?
It is a cover for all the wiring behind the helm. Came that way stock. Really gives it a neat apperance.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
*waiting to see "all that weight is really gonna eat into your top speed" post*

So another few questions come to mind. Working with the mobility guys, are they friends of yours, or what led you to deal with them? It seems to me, in hindsight, to be a great idea to work with folks that have to come up with solutions every day that aren't off-the-shelf, and would also require appropriate power and methods for wiring. That, in itself, seems like quite the interesting backstory.

Wiring everything up - any snags they ran into, do they have small children to fit into those areas, are they simply not prone to any kind of claustrophobia, are they former circus people or really super bendy...getting into the few areas that the wife and I have gone, that seems like a lot of work in skeevy positions to me.

I remember seeing something in the past about the pole work - is that mounted solely on the deck? It kinda looks like there's something additional under there to stabilize it. Seems like just deck mounting would seriously stress the fiberglass, so to me, it seems like there would have to be more to it than that. I know one of your past poles utilized the tower for additional connection points, this one seems to be the first free-standing version.

What was the time frame that all this work took?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any covers for the batteries also? Not sure how the newer boats are at keeping water out of those front seats, but mine SUCK! I'm considering adhesive gasketing to at least block what gets under the seat. Hosing the boat down ALWAYS results in water in there, and the two rain showers that the boat was subjected to ended up with water. Again, not sure if this is an issue with the newer boats.

Have you had the boat out on the water since getting all the work done? Does the weight in the front from the batteries have you nose diving a lot, taking water/spray due to the weight up there? Are trim tabs in your future?

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Any covers for the batteries also? Not sure how the newer boats are at keeping water out of those front seats, but mine SUCK! I'm considering adhesive gasketing to at least block what gets under the seat. Hosing the boat down ALWAYS results in water in there, and the two rain showers that the boat was subjected to ended up with water. Again, not sure if this is an issue with the newer boats.

Have you had the boat out on the water since getting all the work done? Does the weight in the front from the batteries have you nose diving a lot, taking water/spray due to the weight up there? Are trim tabs in your future?
Any covers for the batteries also?
- No. I have 30 hours on the boat and no issues with water creeping into those compartments.

Hosing the boat down ALWAYS results in water in there
- My storage facility did a few washes and no water made it in there as well.

and the two rain showers that the boat was subjected to ended up with water.
- The boat is only stored outdoors when in use. It's normal home is here: Big Toy Depot ® - RV and Boat Storage in San Diego - Contact Us in a giant temperature controlled warehouse.

Have you had the boat out on the water since getting all the work done?
- Approximately 30 hours on the engines.

Does the weight in the front from the batteries have you nose diving a lot, taking water/spray due to the weight up there?
- The bow of the boat is noticeably lower since the addition of the batteries/chargers (approx 400 pounds). I recently sealed up all the cup holders and the anchor locker drain. I did have an issue with the anchor locker filling up with a lot of water so I'm hoping the sealed anchor locker drain helps next time out.

Are trim tabs in your future?
- I dont think so... with as much as we like to back into sand bars, they may get in the way.

Pullen724

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Im also curious on the pros & cons of the articulating keel removal.
What mounts did you use for the shore spikes? Great looking boat!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Are trim tabs in your future?
- I dont think so... with as much as we like to back into sand bars, they may get in the way.
Trim tabs are flush with the bottom and would not hinder backing up to sandbars. I do it all the time. They would help with getting on plane and balancing side to side weight distribution.

Would live to hear how she sounds...

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Im also curious on the pros & cons of the articulating keel removal.
What mounts did you use for the shore spikes? Great looking boat!
I really can't see any pros. I back into sandbars and all the time and have never had an issue with the keel. The TVs hang stupid low so I can see that being an issue, but I stick with CJs and don't have that issue lol.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Beautiful install. Tell me more about those sand spikes - do they stay close the boat when you put them in or are they for non-water use only?

Also, your cover for the old radio dim area - hope you're putting some LEDs behind that plate to back light it up!