• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looks like new impellers needed, Recommendations?

Boboettinger

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
one of my impellers is nicked up a bit so it looks like I will be changing both soon. If I go with Solas Concord, what pitch? should they be different or the same. I read conflicting things. Solas website only offers this
SOLAS CONCORD IMPELLER YD-CD-12/18 in this pitch.

I know some of you have done this so what did you go with? Boat and engines are stock and run great but I can only get about 42-45 MPH. Compression is fine and no other problems.

Also what else should I change when I have them out?

ThanksIMG_0749.jpgIMG_0752.jpg IMG_0753.jpg

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It definitely looks like a bunch of damage on those impellers. It may not be causing a huge loss of performance but it could be. Generally, the loss is because the damaged impeller introduces air into the nozzle and you lose due to cavitation. If your not experiencing cavitation, then I don't know if you would be increasing your performance much by changing them. I thought that boat was an over 50 mph boat, but I have not owned one of the 2 stroke boats, so I don't know which models were capable of that. I also don't know at what point different pitch impellers were introduced to get the engines rpm and performance together. Solas will know some of that, even if their website is different. What they may do is ship you the impellers and have you give them the results, agreeing to repitch one of them. Be sure to report back with your progress and results! And good luck with it!

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In my opinion you're on the right track with Solas. I've had good luck with them.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I had Group K Solas impellers on my Exciter and LX2000. http://www.groupk.com/yjetboat.htm They use 12-18 and 13-19 to balance the engine rpms. They also bend the impellers depending on engine modifications.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Your other option would be remanufactured OEM impellers from SBT. They cost around $59 and you send in your old ones. I know you can't go wrong with the Solas upgrade but a $59 refresh option may be worth considering.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
yes

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Best to call them

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I think the 12 is the port

bluejetvt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Thanks but I’m trying to cut my costs and they don’t seem to want to tell me the exact model #

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Stock ones will be off some. Group K takes the stock ones and bends them to get both motors the same rpm.