• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Moving to Austin

poordealguy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Moving to Austin in the next couple of months. We will likely be in Round Rock.
Interested in marina recommendations. Where do you keep your boat? Slip or dry dock? If slip, covered with lift or open?

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Welcome. We keep ours at NorthShore marina on Lake Travis. With the lake levels down the ramps are limited, and it's best to check the LCRA website before going to make sure what's open. We hope that the shift in the Nina / Nino thing helps us out with some rain soon.
There are a ton of storage lots around; you'll find a better deal at the mom & pop ones out in the country a bit. You definitely want covered here.

Austin-BR

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I remember the issue with the lake levels when I lived in Austin, 10y ago. Sounds like still the same. The best scenery for me was the ramp at 360.

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
It's cyclical. In 2018 we had floods that took out hwy bridges.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Was stationed in San Antonio for 3 years and kept my boat in a covered wet slip (on a lift) at Emerald Point Marina on Lake Travis. Never any issues what so ever. The Marina is right by where Carlos n Charlies used to be and directly across from Devils Cove. Had a great time on that lake and miss it! My buddy who lives waterfront just told me the lake levels are down again though.

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I suggest dry docking for a little while and trying the few lakes around including Austin, Travis and Canyon. The issue with Lake Austin was a that IF you’re able to find storage, it’ll cost you well over $1000 per month.
I personally dry dock which is both affordable + allows me to try different lakes easily.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Lake Austin is constant level, but limited width as it’s basically a river.
If you find a marina useable at current lake level, that would be a good choice as it’s near a record low.

we bought on canyon lake and love it. While slightly low now not near the ups and downs of Travis. Little further drive from roundrock.

gt5pilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We slip at Lakeway Marina - it is a deep water marina that has a private boat ramp for Lakeway residents (which we live in Lakeway).

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Was stationed in San Antonio for 3 years and kept my boat in a covered wet slip (on a lift) at Emerald Point Marina on Lake Travis. Never any issues what so ever. The Marina is right by where Carlos n Charlies used to be and directly across from Devils Cove. Had a great time on that lake and miss it! My buddy who lives waterfront just told me the lake levels are down again though.
You'd be shocked to see how low the water is in there right now. They've had to push the docks way out. Praying for rain!