• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New '22 252SE Owner - any tips/advice?

scbruet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
You can only control volume on your sub, but the spotify app has an equalizer that seems to do a decent job that makes a difference. I'm sure the other music apps have similar options.

3abadi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
1. Tighten the clean out port hatch knobs. If they are loose, when you hit a big wave the hatch will lift and trigger the safety button - shutting the engines off.
2. Using the clean out ports it’s a pretty regular task, unless you were in water without debris. However if you own a JetBoat you are not new to this. Overheating alert is almost always a clogged impeller.
3. The accessories buttons are attached to positive leads all the way up against the gunnel not behind the helm (that would be too easy).
View attachment 181926
How far back are the accessory buttons leads? Are they easily accessible ? I had a hard time finding them.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
How far back are the accessory buttons leads? Are they easily accessible ? I had a hard time finding them.
They dont the terminals just hang there, very tiny nuts holds the cover , best way remove the door and get in there with a flash light.

Alexegan88

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
They are literally all the way up against the hull on the starboard side of the helm, you will have to lay down and put your head all the way back up against the hull to be able to see them.