• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Member - Old Problems...

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
it will save your computer from being blown and your battery from being over charged

Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Rush
Boat Length
NA
I have a 90hp force mercury regal rush jet boat.. we ran it for about 2 hrs and it ran good.. put it in idle and it cut off, then wouldn't crank back up... We have changed the fly wheel the stator and rewired the boat.. what else could it be?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Check for spark, in the posts I showed you if your engine runs good but refuses to start when you shut it off test for spark if no spark the brain may have blown very common issue with those I posted to replace the existing rectifier with a more modern voltage regulator from a p w c I had the same issue replaced the brain and it ran great then did it again as soon as I shut it off Then I tracked down the issue and made the modification to prevent that from happening again. it is in the posts I gave you.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Rush
Boat Length
NA
What modifications did you make? And can you explain the brain..and how do we test for spark