• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ordered my boat today!!!

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I also have the snap in carpet and it still looks great! I don't get a lot of clay in the boat since most people are well above the bottom. But it does get wet and sometimes items are spilled. We rinse off any areas that have a spill right away (lake water) and then if needed clean deeper when we get back. No stains and it still looks good.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Congratulations on your new boat!! Your gonna love it!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Outstanding choice of boat. <drooling>

The snap-in carpets also will not recover well from a soldering iron dropped on them. :blackeye: But I don't think that SeaDeck would fair much better.

Here is to a quick thaw for you.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The carpet in the new LS looks great and I think will hold up nicely. However, MaMa (@OperationROL's Wife ) wants SeaDek and mama usually gets what she wants.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Still waiting for the boat to arrive. When I placed the order he told me 2-3 weeks but I think he meant to say 2-3 months. No word yet. Still snow everywhere anyways.

TimBroom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats @subysti ! It will melt!

@Kennc , there is not any carpet upgrade I know of but some dealers will work it out for a price. The only carpet that is different, not necessarily better, is the carpet in the 242. The deal is this, unless you find someone that wants to put SeaDek in their boat and sell the carpet (out of a 242), it may not be in the stars. You can buy a carpet kit, but my suggestion, if that is what you want, is to get the dealer to "sell" you the carpet for a 242 in the deal...at his cost. If you don't have him down to the bottom dollar already, he may even throw it in the deal. But don't expect it. Tongue in cheek here...your dealer may be a really good dealer, and you just took what he said like it reads to me, and it not be representative of the dealership at all. What he said is true, Yamaha doesn't offer them the way to change up boats. Yamaha wants you to buy the boat you want, and if the upgrades are important, they want you to buy the boat with the upgrades...242LS. What we, jetboaters.net, want you to know, is that the sky is the limit in terms of modifications to your boat! If the AR is what you want, buy it! And then shop for carpet here for stock, or from a marine fabricator for custom. Either way, you get what you want without an extra $10K for other upgrades you don't want. We are by far, the experts and helping you modify your boat the way you want it. Also, good luck and welcome aboard!
@Kennc -- I just purchased a 242 Limited S today, have new carpet but ordered SeaDek install by dealer, let me know if you are interested in the new carpet....
Tim

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Don't you just love this forum? All you have to do is ask, and your needs seem to just get filled!

Kennc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@TimBroom Thank you so much for the offer. However, I have ordered Seadek myself.

TimBroom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think the Seadek will work out to be a great solution, I look forward to seeing your pictures, I will post mine when it gets done also...
Thanks!
Tim