• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ordered my boat today!!!

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I did it, ordered my AR240 in black in white today! Think I got great deal. $53K with 5 year warr, galv trailer, coast guard package, Dlx ,prem mooring cover, Wet Sounds XS65i speakers and 2 ss rod holders drilled out in the back. Just got to wait until August for all the dam snow to melt!!!

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats! That's a great boat you ordered! Will be worth the wait.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Congratulations! You definitely got one of the best boats on the market!

Last edited:

Kennc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am thinking about going to boat show tomorrow to try to get a deal on same boat, any suggestions?

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well from what I've found out it seems they don't move too much on price but throw a lot of extras in. Boat show deals seem to always include a 5 year warranty, coast guard package and the galvanized trailer.

Kennc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here in NC I am seeing 3 year warranty and galvanized trailer. I asked the dealer about the carpet and a possible upgrade and he said "we are not a custom shop." Not sue how much luck I am going to get on upgrades.

Did you take advantage of the Yamaha 3.99% financing? I think technically that expires today.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats @subysti on your new boat. Hopefully the snow will melt soon enough.

@Kennc good luck with your search. Hope it works out well for you!!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Congrats @subysti ! It will melt!

@Kennc , there is not any carpet upgrade I know of but some dealers will work it out for a price. The only carpet that is different, not necessarily better, is the carpet in the 242. The deal is this, unless you find someone that wants to put SeaDek in their boat and sell the carpet (out of a 242), it may not be in the stars. You can buy a carpet kit, but my suggestion, if that is what you want, is to get the dealer to "sell" you the carpet for a 242 in the deal...at his cost. If you don't have him down to the bottom dollar already, he may even throw it in the deal. But don't expect it. Tongue in cheek here...your dealer may be a really good dealer, and you just took what he said like it reads to me, and it not be representative of the dealership at all. What he said is true, Yamaha doesn't offer them the way to change up boats. Yamaha wants you to buy the boat you want, and if the upgrades are important, they want you to buy the boat with the upgrades...242LS. What we, jetboaters.net, want you to know, is that the sky is the limit in terms of modifications to your boat! If the AR is what you want, buy it! And then shop for carpet here for stock, or from a marine fabricator for custom. Either way, you get what you want without an extra $10K for other upgrades you don't want. We are by far, the experts and helping you modify your boat the way you want it. Also, good luck and welcome aboard!

Kennc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree that this forum has been a Godsend as I research this potential purchase. Wife and I agreed, we will just add seadek to the cockpit after we purchase. She actually thinks the hydro-turf on the swim platform is more comfortable so we will just keep that as is.

Having said that, the salesman I got connected with is pretty bad. I agree it may not be indicative of the dealer. When I told him we were weighing the 212x vs. the ar240, but I was most swayed by the new sound control (quiet cruise), he pointed to the 212x, nodded and said, "it has it too."

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congratulations on your new boat! I know you will love it! You will have it out sooner than August! You may not be swimming but you will be boating!

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@subysti Congrats on your new ride! We want pics!! Dont worry, you'll be burning fuel soon enough. @Kennc Welcome to our community, and good luck finding your new toy.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here in NC I am seeing 3 year warranty and galvanized trailer. I asked the dealer about the carpet and a possible upgrade and he said "we are not a custom shop." Not sue how much luck I am going to get on upgrades.

Did you take advantage of the Yamaha 3.99% financing? I think technically that expires today.
Doesn't that boat come stock with a carpet kit?

Kennc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
AR240 comes with a snap in carpet kit. With the clay at the bottom of the NC lakes we enjoy, any carpet is forever stained from the first outing. I am hoping seadek cleans easily.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Kennc , we have clay here too. But my carpets in my 230 look as good as the day I took delivery, as well as the carpets on my 240! The key is how you maintain them. I discovered that if I hose them off regularly and never leave them wet, that they are fresh and clean always. The only thing that is hard to remove from them is grease, dirty grease especially. So I lay them on the drive, soak them with a hose nozzle sprayer. Then I throw a couple of caps of low sudsing laundry detergent in a 5 gallon bucket with only about 2.5 gallons of water in it, warm water helps too. I just use a boat brush on an extension wand that I use for the boat to brush the carpets. If I get one of those hard to remove areas where the clay is kind of ground in, I just use a stiffer floor brush on that spot a little, and if it is greasy, I squirt a little palmolive dish washing soap on the spot to help degrease, scrub, and then hose them off until the water runs clear. Then I use the shop vac to pull the excess water out of them. This process is a little frustrating until you get the hang of it. I have an extra extension for the vac, and a narrow straight head that I can get through the carpet easier...the head is the key. I rigged up a clothes line in my barn to hang the carpets vertically and they will literally dry in about 8 hours. Never leave them in the boat wet or damp, they will mildew. Some guys have put a few nails strategically in the fence to hang them on, others have rigged a clothes line in their garages. Hanging is the key to getting them to dry faster than they mildew. Other guys like the way the SeaDek/Hydroturf cockpits are. I like carpet. Thank God we have choices!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I thought waiting until April was bad! Do some driveway boating in the meantime, you will love that Yamaha!!

morgro269

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats again! It will take until August for this snow to melt. I can't believe it's snowing again....

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length