• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

E-Series Bimini tower tubing diameter? <Flag or rod holder>

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I like that Bimini Julian - is it custom? I saw some 242 X's when I was buying my boat -- I don't recall that being stock coloring. Might have persuaded me the extra 5k was worth it. LMAO!
That is the stock E-Series tower bimini.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here is a shot of the portable clamp on rod holder that attaches well to the stern handle....I have no idea where I bought this as I got it ages ago...but two would go nicely back there, so if someone else recognizes this....post up a link!rod holder stern.jpg

weaselman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@fraserjr How are the cup/rod holders doing. Was thinking about replacing the two in the stern and also be able to use a grill. Did the screws give you a problem?

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@fraserjr How are the cup/rod holders doing. Was thinking about replacing the two in the stern and also be able to use a grill. Did the screws give you a problem?
The only issues I had were of my own doing. They went in fine and have been working well, but I was trying to troll with an umbrella rig and got it caught on a rock. Before the line snap it put so much pressure on the screws that it backed them out and splintered the holes a little bit. I am probably going to put a wood backing ring underneath to add some additional support and drill back through. I also need to connect the draining tubes to the scupper as they are too high now and don't drain the rod portions the whole way. But otherwise they are well built and have done their job.

My tower rod holders have also done well just need to be careful when when tightening them as you can scratch the tower paint. I used plasti-dip to make them black and I think they look pretty nice. Have worked well with the rods but a little tough to get to when a fish hits, but I like that they are up and out of the way from the kids.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

BareHand42Style

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I did the same ones this year. Holds a 3x5 flag at full speed no issue at all. Looks awesome too

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
can you share a link for those Julian? Thx

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I got my 15 degree ones from the Brown Van Guys lasterday - look pretty nice, going to throw them on this weekend as long as my seadek doesn't show up because that will take priority :)

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
FYI....on one side I used their giant thick rubber gasket, and on the other side I did not. I prefer the look without it....so I'll probably take the one side off in the future...

Something for you to ponder when installing them! @hobineros

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'd assume the gasket is there to keep any water from running under the rod holder and into the gunnel. I'd probably opt to leave them out as well based on your pics I see how elevated it looks. Nothing a little white silicone around the cut hole wont seal off. :)

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'd assume the gasket is there to keep any water from running under the rod holder and into the gunnel. I'd probably opt to leave them out as well based on your pics I see how elevated it looks. Nothing a little white silicone around the cut hole wont seal off. :)
If you install in the same position, the hole underneath is in the wet storage area....so drains over board....so silicon isn't needed. The only reason I can think of for the gasket is if you have some monster offshore rods and people who like to drop them into the rod holders....

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I did the 15 degrees and they work great. I decided to keep the gaskets on to help hide the fact that the spot in the gunnel I chose wasn't conpletely flat.

IMG_5324.JPG IMG_5327.JPG IMG_5326.JPG

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
NICE!! What antenna and Ant Bracket is that mounted on you tower in this last pic??

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NICE!! What antenna and Ant Bracket is that mounted on you tower in this last pic??
It’s a Frankenstein blend of a couple different brackets and a tower speaker mount I bought off my stereo dealer.