• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

E-Series Bimini tower tubing diameter? <Flag or rod holder>

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Oh got it... thanks!

Bajd98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here is a shot of the portable clamp on rod holder that attaches well to the stern handle....I have no idea where I bought this as I got it ages ago...but two would go nicely back there, so if someone else recognizes this....post up a link!View attachment 56404
Did we ever figure out where these came from ...I’d like to do something like this on my 18 242x ....

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Jpace76

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is what I bought....

30 Degree ones I installed

Although I might go with 15 degree ones if I did this again. On plane my brother was worried a rod might bounce out (I was skeptical...by they weren't my $1000 rods!), so we bungeed them back to the tower.

15 Degree holders
Julian, What hardware did you use to install these rod holders. I just received the 15 degree ones that you recommended and figured out it didn't come with the screws. This will be the first thing I have screwed into the fiberglass so I wasn't sure if they were just screws or bolts.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Julian, What hardware did you use to install these rod holders. I just received the 15 degree ones that you recommended and figured out it didn't come with the screws. This will be the first thing I have screwed into the fiberglass so I wasn't sure if they were just screws or bolts.
I have a whole box of different Stainless screws and bolts I use for this sort of thing. There really isn't a ton of pressure on the screws, so I probably just went with 1/2 inch screws, I'm pretty sure I didn't through bolt them...it was a while ago.