• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

E-Series Bimini tower tubing diameter? <Flag or rod holder>

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@fraserjr Lets see some photos of your install and placement of those rod holders!
As soon as I get them in the mail they will be going in with pics included. Again these are the combo rod/cup holders. My plan is to put them in one of the two cup holders on the swim platform depending on where they fit. I took both out the other day and it looks like with the angle, I can get them in the upper cup holders even though I would prefer them in the lower.

After that I will likely get a few to go onto the tower. I am curious to see where @hobineros put his.

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Same on other side, have to get some with rod in this evening.

I did ponder over the idea ... You can remove the mounting bracket from the ones I got -- There is a bolt to hold said bracket into the position you chose with the little teeth. I was considering tapping a hole into the squared up portions of the main tower supports and just bolting directly to the tower. Not a big fan of making holes thou... But that position would be ideal for fishing rods.

Attachments

Last edited:

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Surprisingly the two rod/cup holders came today. So I immediately pulled the cover off the back to see if they would drop in. Unfortunately, the replacements are 3.5" wide while the existing holes are a little smaller than that. So I got out my rounded file and got to work. After a little bit I was able to get the new rod holder in on the right side (I didn't have time to do the other side). I was also happy that I was able to get them in the lower cup holder spots which is where I originally wanted them. I had to turn the rod holder angle in a little bit to have it seated correctly but overall I think it works well. I will say, these Amarine-made rod holder seem pretty well made and heavy. My only issue is how big the screws are and how close they are to the edge of the fiberglass. I am really worried about the fiberglass splitting when I try to screw them in. Also, the fiberglass is only about a 1/4" thick there, so not a lot holding the screws. I am thinking of trying to use some sort of backer on the underside to add some support.

upload_2017-3-21_20-28-49.png
upload_2017-3-21_20-29-16.pngupload_2017-3-21_20-29-30.png

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Did the hose from the stock cup holder reach the bottom of the deeper rod/cup holder.....

These look really good....I would think that with carefully drilled holes the screws shouldn't split the gel coat.

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Did the hose from the stock cup holder reach the bottom of the deeper rod/cup holder.....

These look really good....I would think that with carefully drilled holes the screws shouldn't split the gel coat.
No the drain hose didn't reach but I shouldbe able to extend it so that it does. The only problem is that there will be a big dip in the tubbing and I am not sure how well it will drain at that point.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Surprisingly the two rod/cup holders came today. So I immediately pulled the cover off the back to see if they would drop in. Unfortunately, the replacements are 3.5" wide while the existing holes are a little smaller than that. So I got out my rounded file and got to work. After a little bit I was able to get the new rod holder in on the right side (I didn't have time to do the other side). I was also happy that I was able to get them in the lower cup holder spots which is where I originally wanted them. I had to turn the rod holder angle in a little bit to have it seated correctly but overall I think it works well. I will say, these Amarine-made rod holder seem pretty well made and heavy. My only issue is how big the screws are and how close they are to the edge of the fiberglass. I am really worried about the fiberglass splitting when I try to screw them in. Also, the fiberglass is only about a 1/4" thick there, so not a lot holding the screws. I am thinking of trying to use some sort of backer on the underside to add some support.

View attachment 52932
View attachment 52933View attachment 52934
@fraserjr Another great idea/mod from you! Those would also hold a grill leg.

--

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Gift from Father in law today, fits on the stock table perfect. A nexgrill. For 1/4 the cost of a boat grill. Psh!

Attachments

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Same on other side, have to get some with rod in this evening.

I did ponder over the idea ... You can remove the mounting bracket from the ones I got -- There is a bolt to hold said bracket into the position you chose with the little teeth. I was considering tapping a hole into the squared up portions of the main tower supports and just bolting directly to the tower. Not a big fan of making holes thou... But that position would be ideal for fishing rods.
Anyone have a good idea on how to paint or make these black to match the tower? I really don't want to invest in a powder coating kit if I don't have to.

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Plastidip spray on paint stuff! My buddy did his entire honda civic in it... looked nice when he figured put how evenly layer it. I did all the badges on my truck...super easy stuff to use.

Best part is... if u dont like it... let it dry and it peels off like a condom... lmao

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am working with a local welder and having two mounts made and then powder coated for my 16' flag pole. I want them modeled after "Kwik Tek FWT-1 Wakeboard Tower Flag Holder" but made to fit the tower. One will have the bottom closed to hold my 1" diameter flag pole and the other (top) will be open so flag pole will slide through for upper support.

Last edited:

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am working with a local welder and having two mounts made and then powder coated for my 16' flag pole. I want them modeled after "Kwik Tek FWT-1 Wakeboard Tower Flag Holder" but made to fit the tower. One will have the bottom closed to hold my 1" diameter flag pole and the other (top) will be open so flag pole will slide through for upper support.
16 footer u say!?!? Are u planning on making a sailboat ;)

Do you guys have a recommendation for custom flag embroidery?

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I wonder if you could just get longer screws.
The brackets are actually the limiting factor.... the distance between the screws is 2"... I had thought the same thing. No dice.

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Been searching around -- Coolwaterproducts.com sells a rod holder - flag pole in 4' and 6' varieties. I looked around and this was shockingly the only website I could find. Been reviewed on other forums, sounds like a good product. Probably will order me a US Flag and a Dive Flag / Random flag later on next month 4 foot versions... Bimini / Bahama's Courtesy flags are also 4-9 $s at West Marine if you are curious / need one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have 2 of the flag holders from coolwater. They're great!:winkingthumbsup"