• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

E-Series Bimini tower tubing diameter? <Flag or rod holder>

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I received my Amarine - made rod holders earlier this week and plasti-dipped them black, per a suggestion on this board. I think they turned out pretty good. Not a perfect color match but pretty close. Here are some pics if you are interested.

IMG_1458.JPG IMG_1459.JPG

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I also bought the same ones this week and put one up temporarily (as I don't have the bimini cover on yet).....not sure it will be able to stay there....time will tell....obviously I've not painted or dipped mine like @fraserjr did. You can also see my flag holder in the photo (more towards the stern)

rod holder.jpg

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Flag in!flag in rod holder.jpg

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Can you guys tell me what is wrong with my cover from that pic? I don't think it fits right -- this is how my dealer put it on. Is it on backwards? the winches are to the right of the flag in that pic.

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Bimini.jpg If there is a little zipper opening over the drivers head its on correct. That is so you can raise and lower the anchor light. Looks like mine.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Can you guys tell me what is wrong with my cover from that pic? I don't think it fits right -- this is how my dealer put it on. Is it on backwards? the winches are to the right of the flag in that pic.
It is on the correct way around, but the strap from the stern, right by the flag holder should go to the underside and inside of the bar. Looks like it is going over the top of that bar...pulling it up.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It does look a little off to me but at least we know it's going the right direction because the zipper should be in the front to access your flip up anchor light which it is.

Regarding the straps, they are the trickiest part tying to figure out which way to snake them though the frame. As best I can tell from the photo and from my experience with mine, the strap where the red circle is should stay on the outside of the frame and go under the frame, not over.

I attached a photo of mine for reference. Unfortunately it's the only photo I have on my phone at the moment.IMG_4568.PNGIMG_4569.PNG

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks guys, the comparisons do help. I'm pretty sure its on wrong. I noticed mine was all bunched up and not nice and orderly like yours looked. If I remember right -- I am going to have to undo the buckles and the ratchet and redo that portion of the strap. I bought this from RIVA Miami -- don't you think a company like that could put a damn cover on properly? lol

Ill check it out tonight -- Gotta put some 5200 in my carpet screw holes and get those all patched up as well before I get the seakdek ordered up :)

On another note; Is the Bimini canvas supposed to come off each time? On my 190 it was easy to "fold" up and get out of the way -- This boat not so much.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks guys, the comparisons do help. I'm pretty sure its on wrong. I noticed mine was all bunched up and not nice and orderly like yours looked. If I remember right -- I am going to have to undo the buckles and the ratchet and redo that portion of the strap. I bought this from RIVA Miami -- don't you think a company like that could put a damn cover on properly? lol

Ill check it out tonight -- Gotta put some 5200 in my carpet screw holes and get those all patched up as well before I get the seakdek ordered up :)

On another note; Is the Bimini canvas supposed to come off each time? On my 190 it was easy to "fold" up and get out of the way -- This boat not so much.
I leave mine on all summer while the boat is in the slip. I take it off when trailering. The more you take it off, the less the wear will be.

newbote

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I also bought the same ones this week and put one up temporarily (as I don't have the bimini cover on yet).....not sure it will be able to stay there....time will tell....obviously I've not painted or dipped mine like @fraserjr did. You can also see my flag holder in the photo (more towards the stern)

View attachment 54881
Will these fit the non e-series limited tower?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Fixed my straps and got my holes sealed up with 5200. Amazingly the Bimini stopped pooling up with rain water. Had lots of it this week. Amazing how things work when installed properly. Just in time -- going to take the boat down to Islamorada this weekend. Sposed to be wicked smooth. Cant wait :)

Thanks again for the help!

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Julian - the Bimini interferes with the Rod Holders in that position the only spot really is how fraserjr did his. I had to move mine once I fixed the cover. LOL

Or you can use one of the top bars that are not covered up by the Bimini, but they are hard to reach IMO.

I wish I could figure out a way to make a cut in the fabric to mount them off of the back of the tower - maybe ill have to find some stitch-witch and just glue it back together after I snip snip.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I wish I could figure out a way to make a cut in the fabric to mount them off of the back of the tower - maybe ill have to find some stitch-witch and just glue it back together after I snip snip.
I'm sure a canvas shop could cut holes in the fabric at the back of the bimini....and perhaps add clips to go around with the strap....

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Julian - the Bimini interferes with the Rod Holders in that position the only spot really is how fraserjr did his. I had to move mine once I fixed the cover. LOL

Or you can use one of the top bars that are not covered up by the Bimini, but they are hard to reach IMO.

Put the bimini cover on and the rod holder works great there.

Also have a rail clamp on rod holder that holds really well to the squared of boarding handle on the 242x stern.

20170514_165704.jpg

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

hobineros

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I like that Bimini Julian - is it custom? I saw some 242 X's when I was buying my boat -- I don't recall that being stock coloring. Might have persuaded me the extra 5k was worth it. LMAO!