• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2016 Yamaha 242X thread....(MORE photos added 6/14/19)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
7 hours in one day is a good day of boating. All broke in and ready to run hard.
Looks like that bimini is coming in handy. When did your little girl grow up?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice pictures @Julian as mentioned, 7 hours already, way to go!
Now we all know your fastidious but did you notice the can in your sig pic? ;):DSorry :winkingthumbsup"

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Nice pictures @Julian as mentioned, 7 hours already, way to go!
Now we all know your fastidious but did you notice the can in your sig pic? ;):DSorry :winkingthumbsup"
Yup....I noticed the can! LOL Also the lighting sucks....but I needed a photo of the new stern to replace the old boat....so that was it. I want to get a shot like the old one with a flag, and add a thermal mug or two and perhaps a hat....but playing in the boat got in the way!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Priorities matter.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Today I spent some quality time messing around in the boat. Have been contemplating what changes to make in the storage area. Bought some shelving, a paper towel holder and a clothing rod and pondered where to put them. Ended up putting the towel holder on the handle inside the door, wasn't sure about the shelf as the walls are angled in the closet, and decided to put the rod inside the helm storage area to hang life jackets from. I'll load photos below.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here is where I put the paper towel holder. I originally thought the handle WAS a paper towel holder, then realize it was just a handle.

I attached my holder to the handle woth the screws it came with. The handle is solid (not hollow) so this worked well. Its has been there for 4 years with no issues whatsoever.

20160626_180002.jpg

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

TheGilster22

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Juilian Which Stoltz Roller did you install? I noticed that they now have the RP-355 New 3.5 inch bow roller that fits Shoreland'r trailers. The stock roller has to go. Scratched the boat first time out. Also looking forward to see how you mounted the pocket organizers. I have been contemplating building shelfs in the head area.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@TheGilster22 I used the 4" one that everyone else has been using. It was easy to spread the roller brackets apart....I have a wood working vice that can spread things as well as clamp them....so super easy.

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This last weekend I installed one of the USB chargers (covered in this thread) and also had to do some tightening....both board racks weren't tightened down enough...so fixed them (hopefully).

I also rotated the wetsounds bar to point towards the captains seat.

Lastly I also moved the tower cans out towards the sides of the boat as much as I could to reduce the head impacts - mine specifically!

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Where are you putting the extra USB charging ports?
Or are you simply replacing the ones that came with the boat?
Whoops...forgot to add the link!

I put it next to the passenger helm seat as I expect most will want their phones on the helm out of the way of water/splashing, and I already have an XM radio consuming the one USB port there. I have another one to install, and will likely put that on the drivers side so my phone can be charged while sitting in the small tray behind the throttles. I wish the small shelf on the dash was bigger and had a rear lip to it! There is an idea for @JetBoatPilot for an aftermarket add on for our boats....either a glue on or screw down hydroturf'd phone shelf....should be easy to whip out with a 3D printer!

Derek Fosbury

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Today I spent some quality time messing around in the boat. Have been contemplating what changes to make in the storage area. Bought some shelving, a paper towel holder and a clothing rod and pondered where to put them. Ended up putting the towel holder on the handle inside the door, wasn't sure about the shelf as the walls are angled in the closet, and decided to put the rod inside the helm storage area to hang life jackets from. I'll load photos below.

Julian - with no shame whatsoever I stole your idea for the clothes rod inside the helm compartment! Wanted to say thanks for the great idea, it works awesome for storing the life jackets!

I put a shelf in the port storage, and just bent the last wire to fit into the support hook on the angled wall. So far so good!

thanks,
Derek

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Julian - with no shame whatsoever I stole your idea for the clothes rod inside the helm compartment! Wanted to say thanks for the great idea, it works awesome for storing the life jackets!

I put a shelf in the port storage, and just bent the last wire to fit into the support hook on the angled wall. So far so good!

thanks,
Derek
Show me some pics of your shelf! Need to plagiarize it!

LyonsAR210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian how do you like the Wet Sounds bar? I've been looking into this...I have 2 8" Icons on there right now and debating on putting two more on there or go with a bar. We mainly listen at the cove/beach and don't need projected sound, but want to be able to hear it good (better!) while swimming and hanging outside of the boat. The bar would eliminate another amp, so that is a big plus. Did you install? If so, how was the install?