• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2016 Yamaha 242X thread....(MORE photos added 6/14/19)

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Now wonder why you took so long to post pics. . . . . .you were busy modding already. Should have known!

Looks Sweet, love the color.

Last edited:

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I like to take my son (almost 2) out to the marina on weekends to look at the boats while we wait for ours. Hope to catch a glimpse of this beauty. Congratulations again.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Connelly Pilot water ski does fit nicely under the starboard side front seat going back into under the helm! WOOT It also will fit on the wake board racks....which are so heavy duty and sturdy....they rock! I love the easy swing in aspect!

@Jet Blue She'll be on B dock soon on an Airdock....

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Really like the color scheme and I think your stickers on the back match up really good. Enjoy the weekend with her!

PS, time for a new sig image ;)

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Really like the color scheme and I think your stickers on the back match up really good. Enjoy the weekend with her!

PS, time for a new sig image ;)
The colors do work really well! I'll be taking lots of pics this weekend...and need to get the forum stickers on too...once I have that complete, then I'll get a new signature image up! Trust me....that is on the list!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Julian, I know you are a one ski type of guy but we are a two ski family. Do you think two can fit on the starboard side?

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
ohh.... @Julian - How did you get that gouge/scratch on there already?!?

That looks BAD!! :(

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
... made you look!!

haha, sorry buddy I had to. She looks great!! Have fun out there!! :winkingthumbsup"

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
congrats @Julian. Yamaha did a great job with the color scheme.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Man that boat looks good on the water!

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where were you at today @Julian? Was looking for you from 50 on down to the dam. Never saw that beautiful new boat of yours.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man look at that hooligan jet skier why must they get so close to the boats when riding I hope you pulled out the water cannon and soaked them for getting that close. They should learn some respect. ;)

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Julian , so my next question is why? ...why? why is that boat sitting still?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian , so my next question is why? ...why? why is that boat sitting still?
I think we put 7 hours on the engines today...and that was with a false start in the morning! So we are working out a probem with rockin' stereo on the boat...there is a short somewhere. Dealer said I could delay picking it up, or bring it in later to figure it out. So there was NO WAY I was going to wait any longer, so I took the boat with the stereo "partially working". Well, partially working, is more than just a problem for the stereo....as it turns out that partially working also means....shorting and draining the batteries....BOTH of them somehow. (or at least that was what I thought...forgetting the bad readings on the Connext)

So I arrive at the ramp, back the boat in, undo the straps, and get in the boat. Turn both start and house batteries to ON, and you get the long beep, only the beep never stopped.....I have a Drive Control -Check engine alarm. Push the buttons to start and nothing. See the battery voltages and they both read 11.7.....my heart sinks.....

So I go back and flip the emergency combined switch hoping that Yamaha for sure hasn't fixed the battery voltage indicators....and presto, the engines will start. I smile and think... ok...lets do some boating!!!!

Put the engines into reverse and nothing....no movement....no reving...no control at all. Still have the Drive control - check engine error. So I call the dealer and Yamaha. And get the same answer from both of them. Shut everything down, Switch to combine first, then turn on house, then start and see if error clears. IT DOES!

So this takes what seems like an hour, and was probably only 15-20 minutes....but it was the longest 15-20 minutes in my life! Thank you Chatlee Marine and Yamaha Tech guys!

So now I need some coaching on how to find a short that could drain a battery. I have what I think is a decent voltage meter....but it is probably one of the items I am most clueless on how to operate! So treat me nice....and lets see if I can find the problem....

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I chased a problem with the Sirius draining the battery once. I found it easiest to disconnect all negative wires from battery. Leave positive hooked up. Set your multi-meter to read DC current and clamp the black lead to the battery negative post. Using the red lead, probe the black wires that went to the battery. The one that is drawing current while the keys are in the off position will tell you where to start your investigation. Once you found it you will have to go device to device to ID the bad guy. You can sometimes accomplish this by opening breakers. Other times you have to unplug the device. Having paper and pencil on hand will help.