• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2016 Yamaha 242X thread....(MORE photos added 6/14/19)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How did you mount that in the helm locker?
You should be able to see the screws/bolts. On the dashboard side it is bolted to the back edge of the frame. On the seat (bow) side, I leveraged bolts already in place for the seat cushion backs. As you can see, that side is at a bit of an angle, but it hasn't budged in the 4 years it has been there, and 3 Bimini crossings!

Ogtbagger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
You should be able to see the screws/bolts. On the dashboard side it is bolted to the back edge of the frame. On the seat (bow) side, I leveraged bolts already in place for the seat cushion backs. As you can see, that side is at a bit of an angle, but it hasn't budged in the 4 years it has been there, and 3 Bimini crossings!

Thanks! I saw the helm side. I was trying to figure out the seat side. I climbed in there last night and was looking at it. I don't remember seeing bolts just screws. I will look again today.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks! I saw the helm side. I was trying to figure out the seat side. I climbed in there last night and was looking at it. I don't remember seeing bolts just screws. I will look again today.
OK....relooking at my photos, it looks like I used screws on the bow side! (sorry....it was 4 years ago!) I used short screws (like 1/4-1/2") on that side....they go into the back of the seats with no issue. I checked the seats afterwards .... no issue.

Ogtbagger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
The back of the seats should have a board of some type so with short enough screws it shouldn't puncture through.

Pantelis

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Where did you get the decals for the boat name?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Summers420us

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Love the thread... but many of your photos are broken links.

Ogtbagger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Last edited by a moderator:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
On the bow side of the road holder, where do the bolts go through to? Do they show but the bow seat?
[/QUOTE]
If I recall, I used the back of one of the bolts holding the seats to hold the plate, and then a short screw.... you can't see or feel it on the other side.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm between the 7inch and 9inch just because of the space we have at the helm. Julian, do you loosen and move the garmin often or do you find you don't use the yamaha screen as much?

I might go with the 9" because of this thread

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm between the 7inch and 9inch just because of the space we have at the helm. Julian, do you loosen and move the garmin often or do you find you don't use the yamaha screen as much?

I might go with the 9" because of this thread
I pretty much use the Garmin for speed and depth. The only thing I look at the Yamaha screen for is gas level (which is on the left side and easy to see)