• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 9th to 14th 2018

jayasaki138

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautic Star
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I booked the marina from Sat 7 - Mon 9 and from Sat 14 - Sun 15.
Being an oversize load we can’t travel weekends (but we will “transport from the water” on Sunday up to Palm Coast where the first weigh station is. Shhhhh, don’t tell anyone....)
Do you have to apply oversize permits for every states you pass through?

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Do you have to apply oversize permits for every states you pass through?
Yes i do.
This is the first time i will be towing from MO (just relocating here) and MO apparently can issue one multistate permit. Hopefully that works, it would be so much easier!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I updated the registration info and compared it to condo bookings this morning.

I found a few discrepancies that hopefully you can help me correct.

@blacksapphirez, @Pantelis, @JerseyYami, @Lowstar I did not find condo reservations for your units.

There are condos reserved under the names of;
  1. MATTHEW APPLEBAUM
  2. MARCUS THOMPSON
  3. XIOMARA MAYSONET
  4. MICHAEL HENSCHEL
  5. PATRICIA MERSHON
  6. JOHN WADDELL
that I do not have sufficient information to associate with registrations.

If you know these people please let me know which registration they are associated with.

If you have not registered please do so at https://jetboaters.net/forms/bimini-2018-registration-july-9th-to-14th.6/respond

@Xiomara Maysonet, I suspect some of these are your friends.

I also updated the first post to reflect all registrations. Currently we are up to 25 vessels for the crossing.

Water Girl

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bruce
The names 1,2 are the two boats coming down with me (friends Marcus and Matt) number 6 is another person I’ve briefly talked to who also going as well but I’m unsure if he is doing crossing with us or not.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce
The names 1,2 are the two boats coming down with me (friends Marcus and Matt) number 6 is another person I’ve briefly talked to who also going as well but I’m unsure if he is doing crossing with us or not.
Would you ask them to register which will make the record keeping easier for me.

Thank you.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Water Girl, @Xiomara Maysonet your extras can use their Facebook accounts to log into the forum to register without registering a forum account if they prefer.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
im "pending" upon the sale/purchase of a boat :)

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I also updated the first post to reflect all registrations. Currently we are up to 25 vessels for the crossing.
every-time I read the first page I want to cry.... both from happiness and sorrow.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Betik, I know how you feel. I'm instinctively drawn back too Bimini... kind of like these little critters...
As always you understand me capitally and I have nothing to add, but just state the obvious. It is perfect, it matches my body shape, the fur that surrounds me, the size of my brain, my desires and even the suicidal tendencies I exhibited last july and am about to repeat this summer.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Betik, I know how you feel. I'm instinctively drawn back too Bimini... kind of like these little critters...
Do you think they possibly were members some internet forum and were putting together a coordinated flotilla headed towards their version of paradise?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you think they possibly were members some internet forum and were putting together a coordinated flotilla headed towards their version of paradise?
I see ZERO evidence to the contrary. The commentator called it "mass suicide!!!!" right ....... That is what all my non boating friends ( ex friends now) told last year from January to July 9th. And on July 10th by noon they had to put their put their foot in their mouth.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last year when we went over a wave and I saw that the next one was way up above the bimini top I wondered how many of those there might be and had I created a lemming trap?

Fortunately it was a unique wave created by the squall that had complicated the colliding current and wind that was already shaking the kidney stones out of us.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last year when we went over a wave and I saw that the next one was way up above the bimini top I wondered how many of those there might be and had I created a lemming trap?
Fortunately it was a unique wave created by the squall that had complicated the colliding current and wind that was already shaking the kidney stones out of us.
Lemming like the rodent ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemming

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
1BDDFDD9-5480-4410-A3D4-12445C97AF21.jpeg
Got my antenna mounted and made some custom shrink tube wrapped aluminum clamps for it. Used small locking S biners to connect flags. The mount is a brand new version that littlery got sent to me the day it landed at the distributor. Much more compact and just as strong as the older ratchet style. I am told it will be available to purchase by the general public in about two weeks.

Flags are below the radiator in the antenna so should not afftect transmission at all. Full write up on my trip down the fixed vhf rabbit hole and what I learned coming in the future. If you are looking to add a fixed vhf antenna and have not yet you may want to hold off.