• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 9th to 14th 2018

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I like it @Betik! How about take that new ski over in June and then take the boat over in July. Best of both worlds.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like it @Betik! How about take that new ski over in June and then take the boat over in July. Best of both worlds.
I do have a hitch on my Toyota Prius, LOL. Maybe somebody can use my new ski, but not me. Definitely not this year. I thought about it, but one the main reason why I am trying to go twice is to get some experience on crossing instead of entertainment. Crossing on the ski benefits only me and has no value on my family. But if I gain some experience with how other people handle their boats then I can incorporate those learning on my own boat for 2019.

In regard to taking the boat, I do not think my boat is ready to cross in the current condition. Last year, I thought the boat was ready but it was not. My grand master plan is that I become a leech in 2018 and then fix the boat and go in 2019 for 2 weeks :)

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I do have a hitch on my Toyota Prius, LOL. Maybe somebody can use my new ski, but not me. Definitely not this year. I thought about it, but one the main reason why I am trying to go twice is to get some experience on crossing instead of entertainment. Crossing on the ski benefits only me and has no value on my family. But if I gain some experience with how other people handle their boats then I can incorporate those learning on my own boat for 2019.

In regard to taking the boat, I do not think my boat is ready to cross in the current condition. Last year, I thought the boat was ready but it was not. My grand master plan is that I become a leech in 2018 and then fix the boat and go in 2019 for 2 weeks :)

So in short that’s how you sold the trip this year to you wife. Got it. Well done sir! :thumbsup:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Betik , you need to come in June . A Greek, Polak, and German together, we'll teach those Biminites a thing or 3. We'll all share a room with Tim.
That's beginning to sound like something... what caused the World War I?
Doesn't it?

--

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's beginning to sound like something... what caused the World War I?
Doesn't it?

--
Sounds like good trouble to me. I may need to do the June trip solo and then the July trip with the family. I can drop my son off at wrestling camp in June and then get lost on the way home. Oh yeah I am of French/Canadian descent.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@veedubtek I think you dreams are about to become reality. Tim seems to be in need of roomate..... In Greece we call this the perfect cover ;)
@Betik seems to be the expert in this field @veedubtek so if you need to switch out my condo to stay with @tim h let me know your wife can still stay with us if you need that extra cover.

Now the question is do I try and talk @Betik into bringing his ski and I will take it across and let him take my boat across hmmm :cool:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I do not think silver airways will let check in the ski though !!!!

On a semi-serious note, I am trying to learn here, why would you put your boat in such a risk ?? You might want to ask @Bruce how I took the waves in 2017.... I make airborn Isaac look like a subway. The only problem is that it is a Pyrrhic victory.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I do not think silver airways will let check in the ski though !!!!

On a semi-serious note, I am trying to learn here, why would you put your boat in such a risk ?? You might want to ask @Bruce how I took the waves in 2017.... I make airborn Isaac look like a subway. The only problem is that it is a Pyrrhic victory.
That's why the boat has insurance I would have just doubled personal injury coverage and possibly took a life insurance policy on you.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Coworker and I may be going with this group. Have to see when my surgery will be scheduled and my recovery time. We want to take my 192 but not sure on that just yet. If not we may hitch a ride with @blacksapphirez and his wifey.

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Logistics question:
Is it the intention to stop halfway across to allow for fuel and/or regrouping?
I have 3 fuel cans but only intended to bring 2 on the boat.
I know many boats were close on fuel on the trip and if waves allow i would rather fill 5 gallons during a break than being out of fuel within sight of bimini.

I assume that 10 gallons extra would be plenty and 15 would just be extra weight reducing fuel economy.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Logistics question:
Is it the intention to stop halfway across to allow for fuel and/or regrouping?
I have 3 fuel cans but only intended to bring 2 on the boat.
I know many boats were close on fuel on the trip and if waves allow i would rather fill 5 gallons during a break than being out of fuel within sight of bimini.

I assume that 10 gallons extra would be plenty and 15 would just be extra weight reducing fuel economy.
MR-1 powered 21 footers are quite fuel efficient. It is very unlikely that you would need additional fuel.

If the conditions are good we will stop for a swim half way. If they are rough we will minimize stopping to minimize the risk of swamping.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
MR-1 powered 21 footers are quite fuel efficient. It is very unlikely that you would need additional fuel.

If the conditions are good we will stop for a swim half way. If they are rough we will minimize stopping to minimize the risk of swamping.
I know i do the Starved rock to Peoria run no problem and that's 78 miles round trip but that's on a river

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So maybe bring a can extra so i buy less in bimini?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So maybe bring a can extra so i buy less in bimini?
I have never taken extra fuel. I had 12 gallons left in the tank last year when I arrived in Bimini. That was a record low for me.

I plan to lead the last group out of Port Everglades this year since that group seems to have the worst crossing. I may bring fuel cans to be able to help others.

I want everyone who brings fuel cans to be extremely careful about fumes and maintaining access to the clean out plugs. Fuel fumes in the hull can easily become a life ending experience.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not quite Bimini but not too bad either