• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 9th to 14th 2018

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Right when we get back, I apparently need to start north! My parents and family are meeting us in Kentucky the Sunday night! Sheesh! Thankfully we should have time on our trip to dunk the boat in Lake Cumberland and go hit up a local foodie spot while cleaning the salt out of the boat.
Actually meeting them Monday morning so If we drive quickly enough then I get Sunday to boat again! lol like I won't have enough, right?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone else going to try and go a day early and hang out?
Anyone live nearby for me to harass once I say hi to my Sister in law?
Think about the logistics but it is much easier to pull into Fort Lauderdale, load up on groceries, say goodby to the truck and trailer, head to Bahia Mar by boat for one night then to Bimini. Otherwise you end up trying to keep groceries cold on the boat for multiple days, hauling groceries through the hotel / marina or paying ~$50 a day to park your truck and trailer at Bahia Mar.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Think about the logistics but it is much easier to pull into Fort Lauderdale, load up on groceries, say goodby to the truck and trailer, head to Bahia Mar by boat for one night then to Bimini. Otherwise you end up trying to keep groceries cold on the boat for multiple days, hauling groceries through the hotel / marina or paying ~$50 a day to park your truck and trailer at Bahia Mar.
We should be there all day Saturday and Sunday if driving goes well. My sil lives 4 hours away but we hope to swing by on the way in so timing will be wierd.
But yes, once loaded with food on sunday or saturday night we will launch, dock, and chill enjoying the area by foot!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Worth bringing a solar charger for any reason on this trip?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Worth bringing a solar charger for any reason on this trip?
Probably not your boat won't sit long enough to need to worry about charging it.

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm hoping to get to ft Lauderdale Saturday afternoon. Drop the boat in the water Sunday.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm hoping to get to ft Lauderdale Saturday afternoon. Drop the boat in the water Sunday.
Same here but more like early evening for us. Palm Coast FL is about have way for us and where my aunt lives so I am going to drop in on her for a couple hours along the way after leaving early morning from SC.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We should be there all day Saturday and Sunday if driving goes well. My sil lives 4 hours away but we hope to swing by on the way in so timing will be wierd.
But yes, once loaded with food on sunday or saturday night we will launch, dock, and chill enjoying the area by foot!
in 2017, I loaded with groceries at 2:30pm with fresh ice. Then on Sunday afternoon when wife and kids were at the pool, I dumped all the water and reloaded fresh ice. It took me about 1 hour. A bit hassle, but that Sunday I spend 2/3 of my day at the boat anyway. LOL

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Turns out George Poveromo's Bimini Episode from 2017 is on Youtube now.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hurricane Irma has repositioned some of the entrance buoys to North Bimini. You should follow your plotter instead of the buoys since at least one buoy is now on a sand bar.

https://explorercharts.com/chatter/?p=16724

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I'm like 75% certain...is there any couple that wants to split a one bedroom with loft? it worked out really well with @Bill D . Unless he's going :)
Ok vacation approved.

Still need someone to split a condo! PM me!

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Me !

But you will have to change your dates....
haha IMPOSSIBLE! This would be my ONLY vacation I can take due to a project at work. I can't miss it! come in JULY :D

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
haha IMPOSSIBLE! This would be my ONLY vacation I can take due to a project at work. I can't miss it! come in JULY :D
I like this stance. Looking forward to hanging out with @tim h in July!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Me !

But you will have to change your dates....
@veedubtek I think you dreams are about to become reality. Tim seems to be in need of roomate..... In Greece we call this the perfect cover ;)

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Betik , you need to come in June . A Greek, Polak, and German together, we'll teach those Biminites a thing or 3. We'll all share a room with Tim.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Betik , you need to come in June . A Greek, Polak, and German together, we'll teach those Biminites a thing or 3. We'll all share a room with Tim.
mhhhh, let me think about. A one night stand in Bimini might be all worthy it. Cross on Monday and fly back on Tuesday :D

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For anyone thinking of arriving a day or two before the crossing, leave the tow vehicle at Harbour Towne with the trailer. It only costs $13 each way to get an Uber SUV to take you to the grocery store from Bahia Mar. Head to the grocery store sometime on the day before the crossing and bring your empty coolers with you and pack them up as you check out at the grocery store. Easy peasy.