• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 9th to 14th 2018

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hell, I was kinda looking forward to the sketchy rope climb.
Its not that bad have done it several times I'm sure that is still there. It wasn't till my third time climbing it that I turned around and realized if I fell there was a bunch of metal in the water underneath me to help break my fall. You literally climb up parts of whats left of the engine equipment to gain access to the rope.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I was there is 2016 someone had added a rope ladder outside of the hull which was a safer climb especially if you had kids who wanted to do it but to be honest both are sketchy and I walked away with cuts and scrapes from both nothing serious and nothing that would stop me from doing it again.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Betik is that a dare? LOL
I think of it as fundraiser. Either the $20 or more likely life insurance money.
It is a win win , no downside to this whatsoever ....

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I need to find the dolphins this year! Was the only thing I was sad I missed !
Dolphins, sharks, sting rays and starfish are the main goals for my kids and us!
@Speedling here is another teaser for you - few clips from our awesome 2016 trip (in my old 190). There is lots of dolphins and kids playing (starting at about 4:15).
I believe @Bruce and @Rana have taken some underwater footage from that same encounter, while @MrMoose was helping to corral the flock.

It was truly an out of this world experience, as the dolphins seemed to deliberately play with the kids and the jetboat, for quite a while.

--

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@swatski I hear dolphins get intimidated from 24 footers. They like boats that are no more than twice their length. :smuggrin:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Speedling one pretty sure fire way to find dolphins is look for the wild quest sailing catamaran they do dolphin tours they usually end up a few miles north of three sisters rocks. A week or two before the trip you could probably call or email to find out there schedule so you know exactly when to take you family out to look for them.

https://www.wildquest.com/wildquest/

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Speedling one pretty sure fire way to find dolphins is look for the wild quest sailing catamaran they do dolphin tours they usually end up a few miles north of three sisters rocks. A week or two before the trip you could probably call or email to find out there schedule so you know exactly when to take you family out to look for them.

https://www.wildquest.com/wildquest/
Traditionally that has been the case, but last year we found some bottlenose dolphins in that area while the spotted dolphins were reported further to the south in the Three Sisters area. Despite much time and fuel spent looking for them I am not aware of any JetBoaters having much luck with dolphins in 2017.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dolphins, sharks, sting rays and starfish are the main goals for my kids and us!
I posted above the easiest way to find dolphins. The sure fire way to see sharks is do the shark lab tour one morning part of their deal is they will take you out to their shark pen and let you touch and see their sharks. Rays will be at honeymoon harbor and you will find star fish typically near both plane wrecks sights on South Bimini that should pretty much guarantee you see all 4.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Traditionally that has been the case, but last year we found some bottlenose dolphins in that area while the spotted dolphins were reported further to the south in the Three Sisters area. Despite much time and fuel spent looking for them I am not aware of any JetBoaters having much luck with dolphins in 2017.
If you found out the schedule they are running you could pretty much just follow them out to where ever the dolphins are I just would keep a fair distance back in the travel to them just to be respectful.

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Does anyone have info on drone laws in Bimini?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone have info on drone laws in Bimini?
This is a gray area if you google search it you will get a bunch of different responses. I do know you have to register it with Bahamas aviation prior to your trip and last I heard you still had to get special permission to fly it from the department of aviation and you must have proof of insurance on you while flying. Flight rules are similar to here while flying.

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So I'm seeking some charity. There's a few local country artist around here who've found out about this trip and want to make a music video in bimini and was wondering in anyone had a a seat or two open. I think they're wanting to take the ferry across and hitch a ride to a few locations. Some how I got volunteered into asking if anyone was interested.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you found out the schedule they are running you could pretty much just follow them out to where ever the dolphins are I just would keep a fair distance back in the travel to them just to be respectful.
Have you actually tried to chase the dolphin boats to swim with the dolphins? They will have paying customers strung out for hundreds of feet behind the boat. We have used them to find dolphins in the past but by far the best experiences have been when we found the dolphins on our own. They were easy to find in 2016 but difficult in 2014, 2015 and 2017.

Last edited:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have you actually tried to chase the dolphin boats to swim with the dolphins? They will have paying customers strung out for hundreds of feet behind the boat. We have used them to find dolphins in the past but by far the best experiences have been when we found the dolphins on our own. They were easy to find in 2016 but difficult in 2014, 2015 and 2017.
Yes we did in 2016 in this video you can see our experience in 2016 you can see the dolphin tour sailing catamaran in the background when we pulled up the Dolphins left them and came over to us.
Dolphins are about at the 1:25 mark in this video.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So I'm seeking some charity. There's a few local country artist around here who've found out about this trip and want to make a music video in bimini and was wondering in anyone had a a seat or two open. I think they're wanting to take the ferry across and hitch a ride to a few locations. Some how I got volunteered into asking if anyone was interested.
If they wanted to come on the June trip, I would be willing give them rides to various locations.

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
If they wanted to come on the June trip, I would be willing give them rides to various locations.
They're friends of my buddy so they want to go on the July trip with us.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks. All the names I could think of were in use. :) Room reservation is secured. We're in BS-20D
I bet $20 your new screen name after Bimini will be " AllRoomsByThePoolInUse"

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Anyone else going to try and go a day early and hang out?
Anyone live nearby for me to harass once I say hi to my Sister in law?