• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rounded Spark Plugs HELP

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Until I joined this site- I’ve never seen so many people obsessed with changing spark plugs (and having trouble replacing them)...wtf..:D

Everyone needs to stop changing their plugs...Boat leaks- change spark plugs, boat overheats- change spark plugs, Surf wave too small- change spark plugs, trailer lights don’t work- change spark plugs..lol

Oh and there is no way that plug is “rounded” off...
Funniest post of Thursday 🤣🤣

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Understood and to change your plugs every 12 months is absolutely ridiculous! Spark plugs don’t “wear out” when they are not in use...even at 100 hours is a stretch. So if I didn’t use my boat for 3 years straight I would be replacing brand new plugs 3x..lol

Based on that, my boat has 18 hours in the last 12 month..no way in Hell I am changing out brand new plugs..

It does explain all the problems if people are foolish enough to change them every 12 months...increases the opportunity for cross threading..etc..
It's your boat, if you don't want to follow the maintenance schedule, don't.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Understood and to change your plugs every 12 months is absolutely ridiculous! Spark plugs don’t “wear out” when they are not in use...even at 100 hours is a stretch. So if I didn’t use my boat for 3 years straight I would be replacing brand new plugs 3x..lol

Based on that, my boat has 18 hours in the last 12 month..no way in Hell I am changing out brand new plugs..

It does explain all the problems if people are foolish enough to change them every 12 months...increases the opportunity for cross threading..etc..
I typically follow the maintenance schedule put out by those crazy engineers...again, if pulling them might as well replace $18/year. I also change the oil as per the schedule which seems crazy compared to how long oil is in a car. People can do what they want though.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ahhh, but they do rust grasshopper. They have been a little problematic, at least in the MR-1s leading us to replace more often and use anti-seize.
Padawan learner..... #3 exhaust valve seems to stay open allowing water vapor that is left in exhaust water box (no matter what you do you can't get all of it out) to evaporate and potentially rust the #3 cylinder spark plug thereby causing it to seize in head. Maybe it doesn't happen in any other engines on the planet....who knows.