• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Two checks for just under $700. No big deal I know but significant because these are the first restitution payments I have received since my truck, boat and trailer were stolen in 2008.

now I’m wondering what happened, did the perpetrators settle down and Get jobs or did they win the lottery. Two separate checks, one from each perpetrator.
View attachment 202180
I’m impressed they found you considering your, at least one, change of address since then.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m impressed they found you considering your, at least one, change of address since then.
Here is the thing, the DA at the time said I should not leave my home address for the perpetrators/debtors to send me payments so I listed my work address as my mailing address instead. However, im still lucky to have gotten the checks because I left my current employer for another job before coming back. When I first got the checks I sent them to my legal department thinking that the checks were part of a business related settlement. Legal called me with the good news, possibly after accruing or expending more than $700 in fees.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you building it or sub-contracting all this out? I am asking because I am pondering which way to go myself.
Sub contracting it all out. One company for the concrete and the steel structure, another for the 12/12 overhead door, another for the rain gutters, another for the electrical, etc...
Superior Metal Structures and Concrete is the building and concrete company they have done 3 of my friends buildings and no complaints.
I am on the building permit as the contractor

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sub contracting it all out. One company for the concrete and the steel structure, another for the 12/12 overhead door, another for the rain gutters, another for the electrical, etc...
Superior Metal Structures and Concrete is the building and concrete company they have done 3 of my friends buildings and no complaints.
I am on the building permit as the contractor
This is the way to go unless you have no job and all kinds of time and skills to actually build it.

I did this a few years ago with mine and saved at least $10k doing it this way, probably more like $20k. GCs are a ripoff for something relatively simple like a shop.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
This is the way to go unless you have no job and all kinds of time and skills to actually build it.

I did this a few years ago with mine and saved at least $10k doing it this way, probably more like $20k. GCs are a ripoff for something relatively simple like a shop.
GCs are like water here in Florida. One day you do roofs, the next windows, tire changer, and after that drives. Makes me miss the days in Ohio where everything was a skilled labor and people took pride in their work. I’m 36, but maybe I grew up in a different time, or was situated around the right people.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On my tractor most of the day spreading dirt and smoothing out the slopes on the sides of the driveway to my wifes garden. Sod getting delivered next week. Only doing the sides of the driveway up to about 3 feet from the building pad and down to the garden and the culvert for now.
20230616_162749.jpg20230616_162736.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is a pic of union point, one of the few restaurants on the water here on the Sacramento delta. My friend sent me this pic yesterday morning, the place burned to the waterline the night before and was still smoldering when this pic was taken (so recent theee were no news stories on it yet). The place hadn’t been open for three to five years, and when they were open I clearly remember the food being crappy and over priced. Personally I think it was an insurance fire, whatever the case maybe, I hope it’s rebuilt and improved. Resized_20230616_131754.jpeg

Edit: here is an updated news story:

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
These back rests are absolutely horrid to unbolt. I think while in there i will be threadlocking the cleats and tightening that up. I doubt I'll boat this season at all but next year better start early!20230617_165300.jpg

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Wife is at a conference this weekend so I tried to take the kids and some friends out to the local lake. We were just a bit late and got turned away because they had hit the launch limit already. Glad a friend offered their pool…maybe I “need” one of these too.6AF2D3D9-FDE8-4A45-ABE0-321F0E84EFED.jpeg

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Made some progress on my friends building. We were fortunate enough to have a neighbor let us use a piece of his equipment to lift the metal roof trusses into place. She wasn’t pretty but got the job done.
IMG_0465.jpegFullSizeRender.jpeg

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
37176F69-BDF1-4B59-94A8-CE3A4738AF2D.jpeg
can’t really see my three boys out there on paddle boards visiting “apocalypse beach” ( our name for it because it is nothing but dead trees) but good break while Dan was helping out with trouble code. Great day and Happy Father’s Day to all the pops out there.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Every once in a while I like to drive around the yard where we keep our boat. You may see some new stuff, moved stuff, or just weird stuff
All pink Carolina Skiff
IMG_3428.jpeg
broken down Sea Ray with a 4ft tree growing through the deck.
IMG_3427.jpeg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’m in the weeds today…

27BC8B13-6D4A-4DFB-94F2-65C0A2704799.jpeg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Made a trip to Green River Lake in KY this weekend. Same dock (Emerald Isle Marina - For ice cream of course) 16 years and 8 days apart!

Our '98 Rinker 182BR on June 9th 2007
1687202557893.png

Our 2017 Yamaha AR190 on June 17th, 2023
1687202628763.png

Still have the towels on the windshield to dry, and tube attached to the back while docked. Still our favorite local lake as well.